PCSX2 development picks up speed
Im assuming this is all in the newest git builds? i guess maybe I should get one them and test some the games i have seeing I still using 5932 snv

Sponsored links

I'm still using SVN 5908 from when Rama added a nice little feature for the EE cyclerate hack
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
AKA 'insane multiplier' support lol
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Yeah, I normally put it up pretty high on my laptop.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I'll never understand how reducing the EE's clockspeed speeds up some games. :-\
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
A couple reasons. #1, some games don't use the EE fully, so we waste CPU cycle emulating unneeded power of the EE. #2 Some games frame skip automatically when the EE is overloaded, so dropping the cycle rate forces this.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh I see! I remember reading something along the lines of reason #1 on PCSX2's speedhacks tab but it didn't make sense. Your addition of 'so we waste CPU cycles emulating unneeded power of the EE' made it make sense to me. Thanks Laugh

Edit:
Maybe we should reword the reason that's given in the UI so it's more understandable?

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Green striped bug fixes in the game, as superman return ?
There are many games being green stripes (red stripes, orange stripes....). If fixed, many games will be played
Is the debugger something Joe Blow's at debugging code can use to contribute? As a mathematics grad student focusing on applied mathematics scientific computing has been something I've taken every semester since last year. The number one thing I've learned is that I can't debug. However I can copy and paste errors and bugged lines of code like a boss. I really want Champions of Norrath fixed in Linux (it works in Windows), but aside from occationally posting "yeah, still broken" I can't do much of anything.

And for those saying "that's just Snowblind Engine being the Snowblind Engine". No, this seems to be something different. When you mouse over a skill you get stuck.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
(09-09-2014, 03:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: After a brief period of slowed development, PCSX2 has started picking up speed again with the help of new contributors as well as familiar faces. Several important improvements have been made since the last announcement.

Improved Debugger:
  • Allows much easier debugging of broken games
  • Already used to get "NHL" games working
  • Features a live assembler (e.g. mark an instruction, type "nop" to replace that instruction with "nop")
Plugins:
  • Bug fixes for CDVDgigaherz
  • CDVDgigaherz now prevents the drive from spinning all the way down which improves performance when playing from disc
  • Lilypad supports hot-plugging of Xinput devices
Code cleanup:
  • Changed int to bool for variables that only hold 0/1
  • Fixes for potential crashes
  • Fixes for potential variable leaks
  • Preparation for WX3 (for now we still use a custom 2.8)
  • Removed managed Vsync
  • Folder name fixes for Windows/Linux
  • Improved use of namespaces
  • Fixes for ELF parser
  • Started using generic memcpy instead of custom one(this actually brings a small speedup!)
Misc:
  • Updated translations for several languages

Check out the new debugger below

NHL games are not working for me. Tongue ,yet.

Maybe need codes on the new debugger.