PCSX2 development picks up speed
I did wanna echo something I posted in staff. I'm really glad we are finally making good progress again! Especially this new debugger kicks ass, Kingcom did a good job with that. I think part of it was ported from PPSSPP maybe. Good work guys.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Yeah, I do like it quite a bit, though I can't figure out how to use the damn thing. It should be useful in getting the last 143 games on the compatibility list running though.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-09-2014, 11:26 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, I do like it quite a bit, though I can't figure out how to use the damn thing.

Well if you aren't familiar with MIPS ASM, you really won't get it, like ever Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-09-2014, 11:25 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Especially this new debugger kicks ass, Kingcom did a good job with that. I think part of it was ported from PPSSPP maybe. Good work guys.
I'm glad you like it! The PPSSPP debugger has proven to work very well, so I naturally based this one on it, too. Some of the background logic could actually be reused with relatively minor changes from PPSSPP. And while most of the interface code had to be rewritten from scratch for wxWidgets, the overall design is still similar.
Well, I'm sure all the developers really appreciate it too. I just tested it out with a broken game, but I didn't get anywhere. I think because the problem in that game is in VU1. The code you can alter, step through, etc, in the debugger is EE code right?

Either way, it's a major development, and something that has long been needed, so thanks again.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Great news! Wink

I was hoping for some GSDX improvements, but under-the-hood stuff makes me just as happy.

If there's going to be a 1.4.0 release sometime, let us know so I can prepare the widescreen hacks archive again since a lot of them are improved (I think there may be around 1200 in the current build and there's about 1600 in the archive, so that's an extra 400 plus improvements)
I'm working on compiling a list of all games that are known to be broken, so it's easy for people to know which games need to be fixed
Well, asides from GSDX and FMV related issues...

I wonder if FFX's backwards characters in boss battles can be fixed.
Yeah, I know you can change the clamping mode, but still.

And there's the Xenosaga 1 saving problem where certain save points will reset the entire emulator.

Fatal Frame 1-3 often have camera issues where the lens doesn't detect spiritual energy, and you must switch to software mode.

I also wonder why some games like Gregory Horror Show and Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets don't load.
Well there is a discussion going on about the backwards characters: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-About-the...eindex-dbf

I wanted to get the rounding/clamping fix in the gameindex.dbf, but rama said he'd rather fix the real issue. I gave him a card save and he was able to reproduce, but I don't know if he has made any progress or not.
Yeah, the Xenosaga save issue might be able to be debugged. I don't have it, so I can't do it, but if someone else can that would be great.