PCSX2 doesn't fully utilize my computer/Performance randomly dropped
(06-06-2015, 03:06 PM)refraction Wrote: ok well its something to do with your gpu as your gpu is maxing out, as seen by the 99% on the core.

have you put your gsdx settings up recently? new drivers? anything like that?

Unsure what GSDx settings are, but I didn't update the plugin or touch any of the emulator settings. No new drivers either Sad

(06-06-2015, 03:02 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: You're better off with MTVU on, if not PCSX2 only uses 2 threads, I was just illustrating that you will not see 100% CPU usage with PCSX2 Smile
Yep it's on.

Okay so problem solved I restarted my laptop and it seemed to fix the issue, I don't know why, maybe a background task eating up resources? Regardless thanks for all of your great help guys, I'll try to return the favour back to the community Laugh Also, can anyone explain about GSDx and if i should update? (on PCSX2 1.2.1 it says gsdx 0.1.6 while on the site theres 0.11.14)

Sponsored links

I would do a malware scan on your PC to be safe, also check your startup items in msconfig, make sure nothing suspicious is starting with the computer. If your GPU is being maxed out, it's potentially possible you have been infected with a bitcoin miner, so this problem may come back again.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-06-2015, 05:39 PM)refraction Wrote: I would do a malware scan on your PC to be safe, also check your startup items in msconfig, make sure nothing suspicious is starting with the computer. If your GPU is being maxed out, it's potentially possible you have been infected with a bitcoin miner, so this problem may come back again.

the GS% in the GSframe is for the GS thread on the CPU.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-06-2015, 07:18 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: the GS% in the GSframe is for the GS thread on the CPU.

99% GPU core in a hardware monitor, not the GS.
(06-06-2015, 07:36 PM)Rassane Wrote: 99% GPU core in a hardware monitor, not the GS.

oh. I feel stupid
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-06-2015, 03:02 PM)pablocrossa Wrote: You're better off with MTVU on, if not PCSX2 only uses 2 threads, I was just illustrating that you will not see 100% CPU usage with PCSX2 Smile

(06-06-2015, 05:39 PM)refraction Wrote: I would do a malware scan on your PC to be safe, also check your startup items in msconfig, make sure nothing suspicious is starting with the computer. If your GPU is being maxed out, it's potentially possible you have been infected with a bitcoin miner, so this problem may come back again.

Rkill + Mbam, returned clean results so hopefully it was just a one time glitch. Thanks!