PCSX2 doesn't recognize overclocked cpu
(07-10-2014, 12:36 AM)Rezard Wrote: In short, it does.

I would be careful stating that. Especially considering the latest drivers of nvidia cards are quite annoying to pcsx2.
I would say since pcsx2 is normally not using a lot of functionality I would not expect a large difference between similar gpu's independent on the manufacturer.

Sponsored links

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not at all off-base to say there have been times it has been seen. Unless the HD 7750 in question is only DDR3, then here could be an example. It actually seems not the case for the reason of the FPS increase being less substantial. DDR3 would have half the bandwidth, and the framerate impact would mostly reflect that.
Quote:In short, it does. Not always, or to a certain degree, but something that's been seen. Between the two cards you're mentioning, the hardware specs are very similar. That is assuming the HD 7750 is a DDR5 capable unit... Or is it DDR3..?

I'd assume ddr5 since my 6950 runs ddr5. There could be manufacturers out there still using ddr3, but for that card, I wouldn't assume them to be in the majority... it'd really eat into their market share.

***edit****
sorry bout that.. I was thinking the 7950, not the 7750 when i typed that
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
The HD 7750 is available in both GDDR3 and GDDR5 variants, last I checked.