PCSX2 doesn't work anymore (win 7 x64)
Well, my problems is that one of my dll was for x32 and it was messing up with some programs, I found it with dependency walker.
Oh and btw, reinstalling isn't working :/

Sponsored links

yeah but you reinstalled everything one by one or? I would say reinstalling windows will solve your problem but this you probably dont want to hear. I would suggest to go as close as possible to a clean windows install (deinstalling all .Net-stuff, pcsx2) and then install pcsx2 again using the full installer. As this is the way it almost always worked before it should also work for you.

I checked dependency walker on my install (win x64) and get only two error messages. So you can in principle check all of those dll's and replace them by 32bit versions. But I would still say that a real clean install should solve that problem by itself.
Yeah, I don't really feel like reinstalling windows. And my pcsx2 has been working for so long, I don't really know what may be happening. But yeah, maybe I will try to reinstall that stuff
i don't wanna know what you did to fix your "problems" with those other programs but it seems to have been completely wrong. you messing with depency walker without a clue is even worse. your comctl32.dll is possibly the x64 version in the syswow64 directory. which is painfully wrong. did you copy that there from the system32 directory. no installer does that. facepalm. if you don't have a backup of that comctl32 x86 version to put back there in place you might think about a restore to before or repair install. that's just safe to not download anything from unknown source or corrupt the versioning. Smile

to bad...

don't ya mess with the your system bound files. Tongue
try this:

open cmd as administrator and type "sfc /scannow" sometimes that works, sometimes not

this process will take a while, sit and let it do its thing, and walk away while it does it (so you are not tampering with anything it is working on) and then reboot when it's done, and if it worked it will be fixed, if not you are going to have to reinstall windows

Unless you know the exact dll that is crashing, which I could give you from a 64 bit Windows 7 VM I have (and I have 8.1 x64 as my base OS), you are stuck reinstalling it
Well, I didn't mess with it without a clue, and I didn't really mess up with comctl32.dll until today (after the pcsx2 was already not working). So, what exactly should I do?

(07-04-2014, 01:06 AM)Saiki Wrote: try this:

open cmd as administrator and type "sfc /scannow" sometimes that works, sometimes not

this process will take a while, sit and let it do its thing, and walk away while it does it (so you are not tampering with anything it is working on) and then reboot when it's done, and if it worked it will be fixed, if not you are going to have to reinstall windows

Unless you know the exact dll that is crashing, which I could give you from a 64 bit Windows 7 VM I have (and I have 8.1 x64 as my base OS), you are stuck reinstalling it

I already did it a few times, and I already get the "some problems were found but some of them could not be repaired for example blablabla"
screenshot the error, the sfc log (window) and upload them here as jpgs
This is it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

paste that log here? C:\windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
post that? for real? that can be pretty f*cking long. Biggrin