PCSX2 drops AVG Toolbar
This news post comes at an awkward moment, but AVG sent a letter a while ago stating they were terminating our partnership, and this termination has now become effective. Because of that, we have uploaded an unbundled version of the latest release installer, which you can find in our downloads section.

We would like to thank those users who have provided us with donations and supported us through our bundled toolbar. They have been essential in ensuring the team can afford the things required to improve the emulator and keep everything up and running.

Thank you all for the support so far!
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

How come they terminated the contract? What gives?
All contracts with the AVG toolbar have ended because AVG is quitting the toolbar business. Probably due to the incident with Google and the Babylon toolbar
(07-14-2014, 10:15 AM)Bositman Wrote: All contracts with the AVG toolbar have ended because AVG is quitting the toolbar business. Probably due to the incident with Google and the Babylon toolbar

Quitting? The only article i can find about it is basically Google throwing a fit over AVG's toolbar potentially inserting ads or compromising browser security during installation and demanding more care and one-click uninstall to be present. The same article also says that AVG signed a new 2 years contract with Google's AdSense so i'm not so sure they're out of business yet, it could be temporary?
(07-14-2014, 03:21 PM)Coornio Wrote: Quitting? The only article i can find about it is basically Google throwing a fit over AVG's toolbar potentially inserting ads or compromising browser security during installation and demanding more care and one-click uninstall to be present. The same article also says that AVG signed a new 2 years contract with Google's AdSense so I'm not so sure they're out of business yet, it could be temporary?

It's permanent, they are leaving the toolbar business, nothing else. It has been on the cards since late last year, there was just no definite date until i received the termination of contract notice in may.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-14-2014, 03:21 PM)Coornio Wrote: Quitting? The only article i can find about it is basically Google throwing a fit over AVG's toolbar potentially inserting ads or compromising browser security during installation and demanding more care and one-click uninstall to be present. The same article also says that AVG signed a new 2 years contract with Google's AdSense so i'm not so sure they're out of business yet, it could be temporary?

I said Google with Babylon, not AVG.
Hi, back in december you mentioned that money from AVG might be used to purchase some special hardware. If I may ask, what HW you had in mind? Do you still thinking about purchasing one or you already have one?
We plan on buying some decent debugging units so we can properly test things on a development console, however we can't do anything yet as the money is held in the company and cannot be removed until the financial year end, so we haven't managed to get anything yet.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So what happens now, what other ads/sources of income will the site get to keep the host satisfied? I thought it was weird that the article didn't say the why they were dropping it but this thread does.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(07-14-2014, 04:55 PM)refraction Wrote: We plan on buying some decent debugging units so we can properly test things on a development console, however we can't do anything yet as the money is held in the company and cannot be removed until the financial year end, so we haven't managed to get anything yet.

uhh. is it secured? i hope you get that money by any chance without much trouble. breaking companies... tho... Closedeyes