PCSX2 eXtReMe optimization
Hey guys, I have an eXtReMeLy low spec laptop and I wanna know how to optimize PCSX2 to work on it. 

My specs are as follows:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Pentium J3710 @ 1.60GHz
4.00GB DDR3 @ 1599MHz
HP 832C (CHV)
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 405

I don't wanna hear your opinion on how bad my laptop is lmao but I just wanna know if there any mods or eXtReMe optimizations I can do to make it work. I question it sometimes because I can run high spec games like Borderlands 2, Burnout Paradise and Driver San Francisco but I cant run a PS2 emulator. If someone could help me do some eXtReMe tweaking and make it run at at least 20 fps then I would be eXtReMeLy happy.

Sponsored links

try this : http://tinyurl.com/pcsx2v1
and keep your hopes very low too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Emulation is not the same as running PC games, it requires alot more power. Simply put, your processor won't be able to achieve 60FPS. You'll probably be better off running the games on your PS2.
(09-16-2018, 08:17 PM)twx Wrote: Hey guys, I have an eXtReMeLy low spec laptop and I wanna know how to optimize PCSX2 to work on it. 

My specs are as follows:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Pentium J3710 @ 1.60GHz
4.00GB DDR3 @ 1599MHz
HP 832C (CHV)
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 405

I don't wanna hear your opinion on how bad my laptop is lmao but I just wanna know if there any mods or eXtReMe optimizations I can do to make it work. I question it sometimes because I can run high spec games like Borderlands 2, Burnout Paradise and Driver San Francisco but I cant run a PS2 emulator. If someone could help me do some eXtReMe tweaking and make it run at at least 20 fps then I would be eXtReMeLy happy.
Well I'm going to be eXtReMeLy frank with you, your laptop won't be able to run pcsx2.

But my laptop can run x game that's clearly more advanced and demanding than X PS2 game what gives?

I won't go into full technical details but to put it simply it's because your computer isn't running the game. There's an invisible PS2 that's been stuffed into your computer that's running the game. The computers simply getting a translation of what that ps2 is doing through PCSX2 so it can render the game to your screen.

But why would this make games run so much tougher!?
It's that translation process. To give a good example emulating or in this example translating the ps2 is like strapping an anvil to Usain bolt and telling him to run the Olympics.
eXtrEmE 2 da maxx, brah ?
You may get away with running the bios screen at 60FPS?
Core i7 2700k 4.8ghz [] Coolermaster Seidon 240V [] 4x Coolermaster SickleFlow 120MM blue [] 12GB (4/8 Samsung 1600mhz DDR3 @ 1866mhz[] ASUS P8Z68-V
[] SoundBlaster Audigy FX [] Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury NITRO OC+ [] NZXT S340  [] SuperFlower Golden Green 550W 80 Plus Gold.
Nah, the bios will be slow
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]