PCSX2 errors on FreeBSD
Hello everyone,

first I want to thank the devs for the great work they have done with PCSX2!

Now my problem: the Q3 2016 status report claims support for FreeBSD has been added.
However after compiling PCSX2 with multiple combinations of options enabled/disabled i have to say that i cant get it to run games on my machine.
When i try to boot the cd, it reports assertion errors. Those seem to be related to Linux-specific stuff however.

The install_log.txt and emuLog.txt files are attached.

I hope someone can help me, as it would be great to get PCSX2 to a working state in FreeBSD. Smile

Greetings
BarrOff

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 4,77 KB / Downloads: 231)
.txt   install_log.txt (Size: 83,74 KB / Downloads: 271)

Sponsored links

Don't use option that you don't know the behavior such as
Code:
-DGLSL_API=TRUE -DEGL_API=TRUE

Potentially FreeBSD support got broken recently. So far it seem you hit some segmentation fault in GSdx.
You've compiled a 64-bit build.

You need to compile a 32-bit build. I used a chroot, but maybe there are other ways (I'm not too familiar with FreeBSD).

Some other notes: the aio kernel module needs to be loaded for the ISO reader to work, and unfortunately joypads don't work yet (at least for the 32-bit build in a chroot - it seems SDL2 does not detect the pad).
(11-02-2016, 08:37 PM)turtleli Wrote: You've compiled a 64-bit build.

You need to compile a 32-bit build. I used a chroot, but maybe there are other ways (I'm not too familiar with FreeBSD).
OMG, I didn't even spot my big fat warning ... I'm useless Smile
So you mean i need a 32-bit chroot? I have Freebsd libs for 32-bit-compatibility on my system, can i use them for the build?

PS: btw it seems to me that the aio module is compiled into the GENERIC kernel of FreeBSD 11 so there is no need to explicitely load it.
(11-02-2016, 09:55 PM)BarrOff Wrote: So you mean i need a 32-bit chroot? I have Freebsd libs for 32-bit-compatibility on my system, can i use them for the build?

I don't know. It might work. I chose the chroot option because I quickly found info on it. I really don't have much FreeBSD knowledge (and I do need to spend some time learning more about it, I'm mostly adapting my Linux knowledge which is fine for some stuff but not others).

Quote:PS: btw it seems to me that the aio module is compiled into the GENERIC kernel of FreeBSD 11 so there is no need to explicitely load it.

Oh, I didn't know that. I had to explicitly load it when I was using 10.3 and just left aio in the rc.conf kld_list when I upgraded to 11.
I set up a 32-bit vm. right now i'm installing the dependencies and will then try to build it there.

If i'd copy the binaries to my 64-bit system, would they work?

Edit: just tried this and it does not work. it cant find a shared object, libwx_baseu-3.0.so.0 . I looked on my system, but the shared object is on the 64-bit system too, in the same place as it is on the 32-bit.

@turtleli how do run pcsx2 on freebsd? do you just compile it in a chroot 32-bit system and then copy the binaries over?
I assume it'll work if all the necessary dependencies are on your 64-bit system. I don't know for sure though.
(11-02-2016, 11:06 PM)BarrOff Wrote: @turtleli how do run pcsx2 on freebsd? do you just compile it in a chroot 32-bit system and then copy the binaries over?

I compile and run it from the chroot.
How do you get it graphical from the chroot? X11-Forwarding?