PCSX2 for Arch Linux
r5913 works just fine for me.

Sponsored links

Updated the tutorial in original post: replaced pcsx2-svn with pcsx2-git, and some other minor stuff.
Hi Wink

I would like to ask for two thing - where i could download plugins for pcsx2 for Arch linux (x64)? I though that i could just download plugins for windows with .dll naming...but..i was wrong Wink

Also, there is one thing that is strange for me.

I use epcsx1.3 with OnePAD r0-Dev 1.1.0 [libonepad-1.1.0] and everything work super on Arch but there is one problem with this plugin or epcsx2. This plugin acts like "mouse" converter for gamepad. I found that some keys that are binded (triangle for an example, or even left analog stick/d-pad) are exacly "keys" that do the same job that our mouse for pc does, they behave like mouse.

Because of this often when i have to use "action button" (triangle) when i move my character in game, i can't do anything with triangle button because it works as leftclicking by mouse (two fast hit on triangle switch full screen of game to windowed mode, for an example). Also moving character with d-pad/left stick cause cursor in Arch to move around all screen and something i can't use triangle because cursor is not focused on main window of the game, but is on the edges of my desktop pulpit. I have to move randomly left stick/d-pad, point to game and than use triangle - action button.

Is there a way to fix it? Is there a way to do something in order to block it to (or to stick it only to) a full scren window of the game, not my arch system? I play on fullscreen. I don't want my gamepad to acts like a mouse and do the same thing as mouse does. I can even move window, do everyting with gamepad that i do with mouse...
No one?
Did you try to delete the configuration files (OnePAD.ini) and to reconfigure it properly inside PCSX2. Maybe you enabled the mouse mode inside onepad.
Yes, i tried that. I can even delete this file and i see that using my gamepad (it is sony ps2 dualshock plugged by usb-ps2 converter), analog stick, as a matter of fact, causes cursor to move on the screen. It just take mouse role so with stick i can steer just like a normal pc mouse. Look at this:

[Image: Dho2PhG.jpg]

Some keys are not binded as a keys/buttons but as a mouse - on windows it works. I don't know how i could make it work or try to find different plugins for it because there are no download for it on linux.

Ok. Problem solved. Again, big thanks to a Arch linux wiki page:

Code:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "joystick catchall"
        MatchIsJoystick "on"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver "joystick"
        Option "StartKeysEnabled" "False"       #Disable mouse
        Option "StartMouseEnabled" "False"      #support
EndSection

It works. I had to add two lines with the options. No my gamepad does not control mouse .
Hi I have problems installing pcsx2-git from the AUR : Error: A failure occured in build() couldn't (create build don't know what's it exactly says in English my system is German) lib32-wxgtk. Any solutions for that ? I used yaourt but I even tried to build the package manually with makepkg but no luck. I saw that you Jospehgbr commented on the AUR-section but I don't know where in the configue line to add the "--enable-webviewwebkit=no --with-libnotify=no" as I'm quite a noob on that. I hope that you can help me with that. Smile

Btw, my first post here on the forum Laugh
(08-13-2014, 02:25 PM)okabekudo Wrote: Hi I have problems installing pcsx2-git from the AUR : Error: A failure occured in build() couldn't (create build don't know what's it exactly says in English my system is German) lib32-wxgtk. Any solutions for that ? I used yaourt but I even tried to build the package manually with makepkg but no luck. I saw that you Jospehgbr commented on the AUR-section but I don't know where in the configue line to add the "--enable-webviewwebkit=no --with-libnotify=no" as I'm quite a noob on that. I hope that you can help me with that. Smile

Btw, my first post here on the forum Laugh

Welcome to the forum, okabekudo!

I added a suggestion of PKGBUILD in lib32-wxgtk. Try editting/replacing the PKGBUILD using my suggestion and see how compilation goes, and let me know!

Just for your information: The package 'pcsx2-git' depends on 'lib32-wxgtk', but 'lib32-wxgtk' failed to compile. To me, it occurred because lib32-wxgtk found some files in my system and presumed the lib files were installed, but instead of 32bit libs (that were not installed), it used 64bits (installed) --- which is bad. So my suggestion avoids lib32-wxgtk from looking for some unnecessary libs.
Sorry forgot to answer yesterday worked out like a charm. Thank you very much Smile
[Deleted] - Posted in inappropriate thread.
ThinkPad X270: i5-7300U | HD 630 | 32GB RAM | 960GB SSD
ThinkPad X395: R5 3500U | Vega 8 | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD