PCSX2 for Arch Linux
UnrulyMop: I notice by your PS1 that "Console & Emulators" is the directory name where you're building pcsx2-git, however the build log failed to find the files inside "Emulators" directory. It means the space characters are not being handled correctly by PCSX2 cmake. I suggest dropping the spaces and the "&", to avoid further build issues.

Sponsored links

(07-15-2019, 12:02 AM)josephg Wrote: UnrulyMop: I notice by your PS1 that "Console & Emulators" is the directory name where you're building pcsx2-git, however the build log failed to find the files inside "Emulators" directory. It means the space characters are not being handled correctly by PCSX2 cmake. I suggest dropping the spaces and the "&", to avoid further build issues.

O.o crazy how having someone else look at the data pulls the silliest explanations out of the ether. I'll go test and be right back.

Okay, so it hasn't finished compiling but it's definitely gotten further than yours. I've gone back through your code (in the hope of repaying the favor) and found a segfault owing to the GCC, thus triggering the later failure by corruption. If you haven't already I'd recommend the 'downgrade' application (downgrade gcc gcc-libs) and then select 8.3.

I don't do a lot of 'building' nowadays myself, so having the latest GCC isn't that important to me.

Many thanks!
If you didn't want to downgrade gcc, the other option would be to install clang and build pcsx2 yourself with it,with:
sh build.sh --clang --clean

or something similar.

There is a patch for gcc 9 that takes care of the segfault, btw. It's just not applied in arch...
It was reported that one can successfully build PCSX2 (without downgrading GCC) by editing pcsx2-git's PKGBUILD in order to insert
Code:
export CC=/usr/bin/clang
export CXX=/usr/bin/clang++

before the cmake command-line, and then use makepkg to build.

More talk about is also happening in pcsx2-git comments
Just thought I'd preemptively mention that if you upgrade to pango and lib32-pango to 1.44 and find that pcsx2 errors out on compiling on one of pango's headers, downgrading to 1.43 will take care of it.

Alternatively, you could go over to /usr/include/pango-1.0/pango/pango-coverage.h and change:
Code:
#include <hb.h>

to
Code:
#include <harfbuzz/hb.h>

since that's what's breaking it, but editing system includes isn't a great idea, and next update will probably mess it up again.

pango 1.44 seems like a significant regression. Apparently a bunch of older fonts no longer work with it, and the output generally looks worse than 1.43, judging by the bug reports...

--arcum42
I'm having an issue after installing the pcsx2 package from the arch repos. It seems like the it's not being installed properly. When I enter the command pcsx2 in my terminal it returns the error 
Code:
bash: pcsx2: command not found

Is this a know issue? I've tried installing the AUR package also but I had the same problem.
(03-03-2020, 07:45 PM)mimshipio Wrote: I'm having an issue after installing the pcsx2 package from the arch repos. It seems like the it's not being installed properly. When I enter the command pcsx2 in my terminal it returns the error 
Code:
bash: pcsx2: command not found

Is this a know issue? I've tried installing the AUR package also but I had the same problem.

Executable name is PCSX2, as can be seen from running:
Code:
pacman -Qo pcsx2
(03-03-2020, 09:36 PM)josephg Wrote: Executable name is PCSX2, as can be seen from running:
Code:
pacman -Qo pcsx2

Yeah, this is also returning an error. 
Code:
error: No package owns pcsx2

It's definitely been installed though, because if I type pacman -Qs pcsx2 the package comes up.
(03-03-2020, 11:50 PM)mimshipio Wrote: Yeah, this is also returning an error. 
Code:
error: No package owns pcsx2

It's definitely been installed though, because if I type pacman -Qs pcsx2 the package comes up.

Oops, -Qo pcsx2 is to find which package owns it. The correct command is:
Code:
pacman -Ql  pcsx2

Anyway, try running
Code:
PCSX2
(03-04-2020, 12:03 AM)josephg Wrote: Oops, -Qo pcsx2 is to find which package owns it. The correct command is:
Code:
pacman -Qs pcsx2
Yeah, it is installed. At least pacman is telling me that it is. But it won't execute. When i built the AUR package there were some warnings. could they be the reason it's not working correctly?