PCSX2 for Arch Linux
Do you have lib32-nvidia-utils installed? This package is the nvidia proprietary driver in 32 bit for 64 bit Arch. To use PCSX2 in Arch 64 bit with 'nvidia' package, you need this package.

Sponsored links

No, i don't have it..
Installing...
It works! ^^

Thanks.

Unfortunatly emulation is slow and sound is bad, on any game, even on very first screen i can hear it. What can i do about it to make emulation faster? CPU still has free resources..
(01-06-2013, 11:12 AM)bagheera Wrote: Unfortunatly emulation is slow and sound is bad, on any game, even on very first screen i can hear it. What can i do about it to make emulation faster? CPU still has free resources..

What is your hardware specification?
intel i3, 4GB RAM, GTX460
ok. If your CPU had more than 2 cores I'd comment something, but I can't help you much on this topic. Maybe gregory can. But I suggest reading the config guide - you might find something in there.
Did a basic menu is slow as well? Maybe you set too much extra thread (must be 0 for GSdx) or speedhack.
Well, it's time to buy real hardware.
Wink 
Hi everyone, thank you for the awsesome work !

Today was my second day on Arch and I tried to get PCSX2 working. After installing everything mentioned, I launched a game and got this error :

libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I then installed lib32-nvidia-utils, it was in conflict with with libGL so I removed it.

Now everything works fine ! shouldn't you add lib32-nvidia-utils to the dependance list ? or is there something I don't understand ?

Best regards
(02-04-2013, 01:12 AM)KingOfFreeMen Wrote: Now everything works fine ! shouldn't you add lib32-nvidia-utils to the dependance list ? or is there something I don't understand ?

It should be in the depends list, indeed. However, I don't have an easy way to add all lib32-* possible video cards drivers in dependency list and, the problem is, I must not add one driver specifically or I'd be cause issues to users of other driver.
For instance, If I add lib32-nvidia-utils to depends, I'll create a dependency problem for the users that have an ATI graphics card that should have lib32-catalyst-tools. And it goes on between some different drivers.
Hey!

Im having trouble with GTK versioning. When attempting to build the lib32-wxgtk package. (Im on a x86_64 platform)

I get the following error:
Code:
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0' returned 2.24.15, but GTK+ (2.24.14)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GTK+. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
*** to point to the correct configuration files
no
configure: error:
The development files for GTK+ were not found. For GTK+ 2, please
ensure that pkg-config is in the path and that gtk+-2.0.pc is
installed. For GTK+ 1.2 please check that gtk-config is in the path,
and that the version is 1.2.3 or above. Also check that the
libraries returned by 'pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --libs' or 'gtk-config
--libs' are in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent.

From a quick look I have the two following packages conflicting
extra/gtk2 2.24.15-1
multilib/gtk2 2.24.14-1

As far as I can tell here in lies the problem, the multilib package is conflicting. Ive attempted changing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to both:
Code:
/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/
/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/

To no avail.

Thanks for any help offered in advanced!!