PCSX2 for Arch Linux
What is the latest issue. Which version and which compiler do you use (if you compile it)

Sponsored links

(03-27-2012, 08:47 PM)gregory Wrote: What is the latest issue. Which version and which compiler do you use (if you compile it)

Hey gregory. THX for your response. I followed the tutorial in the first post step by step untill I had V0.99 installed

It freezes with the gsdx plugin and with the zzogl plugin I got the following error message:

/root/build/pcsx2-svn/src/pcsx2-build/common/src/Utilities/Linux/LnxHostSys.cpp(64) : assertion failed:
Function: void SysPageFaultSignalFilter(int, siginfo_t*, void*)
Thread: MTGS
Condition: false

Stacktrace:

->I think I can`t fix it.

If you can do a test on a debug version, it could help a little. In short you hits some segmentation faults.
THX gregory. I will test this one tomorrow Smile Good night
@OCmylife: It looks to me that in the end you manage to make it work. Just a comment: these "pango-CRITICAL" are not fatal errors, but the "Floating point exception" is definitely a crash message.

EDIT: oops, seems I lost some posts and in fact your issue is not solved
Hello there, I'm also an arch user, too. I got an error with the graphic plugin, while using ZZOGL. While using GSNull, the game works but the graphic cannot be displayed. well, I cannot show you the screenshot right now coz I'm in the office.

Oh yeah, additional question. Is there ane ZeroGL KOSMOS 0.9.7 for Linux?? I desperately search for it, and no hope until now. Can you give me the already compiled one?? Thanx
(03-28-2012, 07:06 AM)vondarkness Wrote: Hello there, I'm also an arch user, too. I got an error with the graphic plugin, while using ZZOGL. While using GSNull, the game works but the graphic cannot be displayed. well, I cannot show you the screenshot right now coz I'm in the office.

Oh yeah, additional question. Is there ane ZeroGL KOSMOS 0.9.7 for Linux?? I desperately search for it, and no hope until now. Can you give me the already compiled one?? Thanx

Linux has currently 2 working graphics plugins: GSdx and ZZogl (=Zero GS KOSMOS). GSNull is not intended for playing, as it will not display anything.

Please provide log ($HOME/.config/PCSX2/logs) or run pcsx2 from output to get some crash information
well, for GSDx, is that plugin only compatible with DirectX?? or it can be used with OpenGL??

well, this is what the log of zzogl

GNU nano 2.2.6 File: /home/vondarkness/PCSX2/logs/GSzzogl.log

Creating ZZOgl window.Got Doublebuffered Visual!
glX-Version 1.4
You have Direct Rendering!
174 supported OpenGL Extensions: GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_explicit_att$
Using multitexturing.
Maximum texture size is 4096 for Tex_2d and 4096 for Tex_NV.
Disabling MRT depth writing./home/guest/rc_release/rc_bis/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/ZZoglCreate.cpp:588: gl error GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION(0x506)
Error! has no images/buffers attached!
/home/guest/rc_release/rc_bis/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/ZZoglCreate.cpp:601: gl error GL_INVALID_ENUM(0x500)
Error! has no images/buffers attached!
Use ATI_texture_float for blockdata.
Fill bilinear blocks OK.!
Initialization successful.bilinear filtering - forced
anti-aliasing - AA 16x |
Disabling MRT depth writing.

I have logged PCSX2 with the terminal. It doesn`t matter if I start it with or without root(cause of the permission failed errors I tried it even with root)

Hope you have an Idea why I`ve got these errors and how I could fix it Smile

I fixed it by selecting the right sound drivers etc. I could play FFX. Ohmy

Ok Sound is a bit buggy, and when you make a screenshot the hole system freezes, but who cares... I could play FFX on my Archlinux PC

Big thx for this great forum and help

Attached Files
.gz   Logdatei.tar.gz (Size: 2,23 KB / Downloads: 481)
@vondarkness: GSdx uses SDL, but Gregory is working on an OpenGL solution - not usable at the moment, afaik. Related to your OpenGL log, I'll leave to gregory to parse this error.

@OCmylife: No need to run as root. Do you use the pcsx2-svn? It is already available in "DEBUG" version, if you didn't change it in the PKGBUILD. So, I'm not sure if gregory mentioned PCSX2 in debug version or other packages (ex: glibc)