PCSX2 for Arch Linux
@vondarkness, can you try a more recent version of pcsx2 and zzogl. You don't have the latest for sure. By the way which drivers/GPU?

@OCmylife, Rafael, it was the debug build of pcsx2 but as far as I understand it is fixed now right?

Sponsored links

Yep it`s fixed Smile No need to run it in debugging mode. Big THX for your help
@gregory: well I"m using dual VGA, Intel and nVidia, so I'm using optirun for running the PCSX2. Well, for ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.9.7, can you provide the .so link?? Coz I never succeeed built from the SVN. Thx

oh yeah, I'm installing the pcsx2 from the AUR, so it must be the latest. However, I'm not sure for the plugin whether they're updated plugins or not. Still, all of the plugins works well, except the graphic plugin
There is an unofficial build thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Unofficial-linux-build that not too old. But aur must be fine, well better ask josephg, because it creates several aurs.

Anyway, the correct opengl plugins is pcsx2 0.9.9, zzogl-pg 0.3.0. Zerogs kosmos is deprecated.

@OCmylife. What did you do, replace zerospu2 with spu2x?
Yep Zerospu2 doesn`t work for me. spu2x works just fine. But now I`ve got another little problem(not critical).

With zzogl I`ve got a lot better Image quailty then with Gsdx. But my sound works only with gsdx and when I check OSS in Port-audio API. At zzogl I couldn`t get the sound working. But I have not tried all possibilities untill now, so maybe I could get it working. Otherwise I have to stay with gsdx
Actually I'm no sure zerospu2 work for anybody.

Ouch that very stange. Graphics and sound are totally unconnected. Did you try several games?
Normally it works better with ALSA. Except if you install ossv3 on the kernel.
You`re right. I`m now really happy cause it runs great with zzogl and OSS in Portaudio. My mistake was that I haven`t start the games fully after reconfigureing the settings. Now all runs fine Smile
vondarkness,

Sorry for the delay, but are you having problems with pcsx2-svn? If you want some help, please provide more information. I'm the maintainer of the package in AUR, you know. Wink
(04-04-2012, 06:09 AM)josephg Wrote: vondarkness,

Sorry for the delay, but are you having problems with pcsx2-svn? If you want some help, please provide more information. I'm the maintainer of the package in AUR, you know. Wink

okay, that's alright. well, this is the screenshotof error window while I'm using ZZOgl. please take a look.

[Image: pcsx2error.png]

sorry if the letter is so small.

Well, I haven't tried the SVN version, yet. I'm installing the pcsx2-bin version. so, is the plugins of SVN version differs from the bin??

EDIT:

FINALLY!!! After installing the SVN version, I got the Gsdx plugin, and the PCSX2 runs normally. Sorry for making things so complicated. However, thx for the one who uploaded PCSX2-svn ver. into the AUR. Love it so much ^_^!!!
Hi guys, I'm running on arch64. I use usually Jack2 as an audio server.
However, I've got a problem within the compilation of lib32-portaudio wich needs lib32-jack wich is not compatible with jack2.
How could I install pcsx2 without uninstall jack2 ?

PS : sorry for my english, i'm from Belgium.