PCSX2 for Arch Linux
Because SSE4.2 is useless. Quoting wikipedia
Quote:"SSE4.2 added STTNI (String and Text New Instructions),[10] several new instructions that perform character searches and comparison on two operands of 16 bytes at a time. These were designed (among other things) to speed up the parsing of XML documents.[11] It also added a CRC32 instruction to compute cyclic redundancy checks as used in certain data transfer protocols."

Sponsored links

(05-05-2017, 12:38 PM)gregory Wrote: Because SSE4.2 is useless. Quoting wikipedia

Ok, it's fine then. I knew SSE4.2 added more capabilities but didn't know them to contribute so little.

Thank you for your fast reply gregory!
I'm trying to get pcsx running on my arch desktop but the gs plugin keeps failing what do?

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
ZZOgl-PG: Calling GSinit.
ZZOgl-PG: GSinit finished.
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
ZZOgl-PG: Calling GSopen2.
ZZOgl-PG: Capturing ZZOgl window.
ZZOgl-PG: GLX: failed to find a framebuffer
change vsync 0
Closing plugins...
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(p) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure. Plugins unloaded.

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz
4gb ram
Nvidia 550 ti
aaaaa
(06-08-2017, 06:52 PM)Ali1182 Wrote: I'm trying to get pcsx running on my arch desktop but the gs plugin keeps failing what do?

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
ZZOgl-PG:  Calling GSinit.
ZZOgl-PG:  GSinit finished.
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Patches: No CRC found, using 00000000 instead.
Opening plugins...
Opening GS
ZZOgl-PG:  Calling GSopen2.
ZZOgl-PG:  Capturing ZZOgl window.
ZZOgl-PG:  GLX: failed to find a framebuffer
change vsync 0
Closing plugins...
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(p) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure.  Plugins unloaded.

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz
4gb ram
Nvidia 550 ti

Use supported GS plugin. ZZogl is very old. (ask your distribution to not build/distribute unsupported plugin)
(06-12-2017, 04:35 PM)gregory Wrote: Use supported GS plugin. ZZogl is very old. (ask your distribution to not build/distribute unsupported plugin)

Does your statement applies to the stable version 1.4.0 as well, or just when building from latest Git commit?
Those plugins are deprecated since a long time (actually since the option exists Smile ). However, I know that people keep it for CDVD plugins. It would be a better plan to get CDVD giga from git.
Am I meant to launch the program using the wrapper script, PCSX2-linux.sh, because I checked both the native and -git packages and the file installs with permissions 700. Unless I change that by hand I can only assume I'm either not meant to use it directly or should only launch the software... as root?
(08-08-2017, 11:56 AM)Ghosthree3 Wrote: Am I meant to launch the program using the wrapper script, PCSX2-linux.sh, because I checked both the native and -git packages and the file installs with permissions 700. Unless I change that by hand I can only assume I'm either not meant to use it directly or should only launch the software... as root?

In Arch Linux, you may run the binary "PCSX2" (from /usr/bin/).
(08-08-2017, 01:05 PM)josephg Wrote: In Arch Linux, you may run the binary "PCSX2" (from /usr/bin/).

Nice and easy, thanks. So does the Arch build(s) enable what __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 would by default?