PCSX2 for Arch Linux
I edited my previous comment with proper instructions. More important is to run "PCSX2", not "pcsx2".

Sponsored links

Thumbs Up 
(03-04-2020, 12:24 AM)josephg Wrote: I edited my previous comment with proper instructions. More important is to run "PCSX2", not "pcsx2".

Aaaaah, that worked. thank you [Image: thumbsup.gif]
Thumbs Up 
Excellent, thank you!
To all arch users. I just pushed an update to pcsx2-git if you want to be on the latest 1.7 builds. Now is the time to update
so, I and a few others on discord are having an issue with the aur package

Code:
09:18:39: Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1011,wx containers,compatible with 2.8),
and your program used 3.0 (wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.8).

[... bunch of GTK theme nonsense ...]

Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::length_error'
  what():  basic_string::_M_create
zsh: abort (core dumped)  PCSX2

This doesn't happen when building portable manually. There's some mismatch with WX that's causing the break though I don't understand how since both AUR and portable should use the same packages.
Portable runs but gives the same mismatch warning so I don't think that's related. Disabling clang and using GCC repairs the issue
At a guess, the mismatch is that wx is built with gcc and pcsx2 with clang...

--arcum42
Thank you for your instructions! Smile
Has anyone had success getting PCSX2 to automatically start on a specific display?

A couple weeks ago I was able to set the "primary" screen with xrandr. But it no longer works, PCSX2 will not start on the primary screen (TV) anymore. Instead, the game will start on the other screen (computer monitor). Sad

$ xrandr --output HDMI-A-0 --primary
$ /usr/bin/PCSX2 --nogui --fullscreen game.iso
(08-01-2020, 07:08 PM)drcouzelis Wrote: Has anyone had success getting PCSX2 to automatically start on a specific display?

A couple weeks ago I was able to set the "primary" screen with xrandr. But it no longer works, PCSX2 will not start on the primary screen (TV) anymore. Instead, the game will start on the other screen (computer monitor). Sad

$ xrandr --output HDMI-A-0 --primary
$ /usr/bin/PCSX2 --nogui --fullscreen game.iso

pcsx2 usually starts on the monitor it's dragged to then closed on