PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
I have a generic SHAWAN PS3 usb controller behaving strangely. `jscal` recognizes it just fine, but on PCSX2 sometimes I can play for hours, sometimes the controller input stops but only in-game (on the plugin configuration window it's still working), sometimes it doesn't work at all. It happens every 5 minutes sometimes. Anyone else has this problem?

Sponsored links

A new onepad version will be available soon. I think it would help to fix those kind of issues.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1895
(04-28-2017, 10:19 AM)gregory Wrote: A new onepad version will be available soon. I think it would help to fix those kind of issues.

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1895

I'm trying to run ./build.sh but I'm missing some libraries I think:

Code:
Forcing cross compilation.
[sudo] senha para user:
update-alternatives: erro: a alternativa /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/wx/config/gtk2-unicode-3.0 para wx-config não registada, a não definir
Building pcsx2 with -DCMAKE_BUILD_PO=FALSE -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=cmake/linux-compiler-i386-multilib.cmake
-- Building with GNU GCC
-- BuildType set to Devel by default
-- Cross compilation is enabled.
-- Compiling a i386 build on a x86_64 host.
-- Could NOT find ALSA (missing:  ALSA_LIBRARY ALSA_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Freetype (missing:  FREETYPE_LIBRARY FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Could NOT find LibLZMA (missing:  LIBLZMA_INCLUDE_DIR LIBLZMA_LIBRARY LIBLZMA_HAS_AUTO_DECODER LIBLZMA_HAS_EASY_ENCODER LIBLZMA_HAS_LZMA_PRESET)
-- Could NOT find OpenGL (missing:  OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY) (found version "1.2.8")
-- Could NOT find PNG (missing:  PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find Vtune (missing:  VTUNE_LIBRARIES VTUNE_INCLUDE_DIRS)
-- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY) (found version "1.2.8")
-- Could NOT find Libc (missing:  LIBC_LIBRARIES)
-- AIO not found
-- LIBUDEV not found
-- PORTAUDIO not found
-- SOUNDTOUCH not found
-- SDL2 not found
-- Some or all of the gtk libraries were not found. (missing:  GTK2_GTK_LIBRARY GTK2_GTK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDKCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GDK_LIBRARY GTK2_GLIB_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIBCONFIG_INCLUDE_DIR GTK2_GLIB_LIBRARY)
-- Skip build of pcsx2 core: miss some dependencies:check these libraries -> wxWidgets (>=3.0), gtk2, zlib (>=1.2.4), pcsx2 common libs
-- Skip build of cdvdGigaherz: miss some dependencies:check these libraries -> gtk2, libudev
-- Skip build of GSdx: miss some dependencies:check these libraries -> opengl, png (>=1.2), zlib (>=1.2.4), X11
-- Skip build of onepad: miss some dependencies:check these libraries -> sdl2, X11, gtk2
-- Skip build of onepad_legacy: miss some dependencies:check these libraries -> sdl2, X11, gtk2
-- Skip build of spu2-x: miss some dependencies:check these libraries -> soundtouch (>=1.5), alsa, portaudio (>=1.9), sdl (>=1.2) pcsx2 common libs
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
libdl
   linked by target "Utilities" in directory /home/user/Documentos/pcsx2-master/common/src/Utilities
   linked by target "Utilities_NO_TLS" in directory /home/user/Documentos/pcsx2-master/common/src/Utilities
libm
   linked by target "Utilities" in directory /home/user/Documentos/pcsx2-master/common/src/Utilities
   linked by target "Utilities_NO_TLS" in directory /home/user/Documentos/pcsx2-master/common/src/Utilities
librt

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/user/Documentos/pcsx2-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/user/Documentos/pcsx2-master/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** Nenhum alvo indicado e nenhum arquivo make encontrado.  Pare.
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Pare.
The branch was integrated on Master so you can get it with the daily Ubuntu PPA. If you want to compile you need to install 32 bits dev libraries (not 64 bits).

Actually what is your debian version ?
So I've been trying to get PCSX2 running on my computer for a little while now. Unfortunately it has had some conflicts with other software that I'm using (retropie). When I try to install pcsx2 via the package archive it breaks retropie which is the frontend I use for most of the other emulators I run. So I've been trying to get pcsx2 running in a chroot. Unfortunately I can't get the onepad plugin to recognize my gamepad inside the chroot. I've tested the gamepad with jstest inside the chroot and it is working so I think the problem might be something with onepad.

This is the discussion I've been having on the retropie forums about it for reference. https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/9020...ling-pcsx2

Any help or ideas would be welcome.
JS input API has been deprecated since a long time. PCSX2 uses the generic evdev API.

What is the issue in the package exactly ? And which package ? We support all SDL2 version (even SDL1 actually). I don't know who hardcoded a single SDL version.
(05-01-2017, 05:16 PM)gregory Wrote: JS input API has been deprecated since a long time. PCSX2 uses the generic evdev API.

What is the issue in the package exactly ? And which package ? We support all SDL2 version (even SDL1 actually). I don't know who hardcoded a single SDL version.

Well after adding the repository for pcsx2 I'll tell it to install and get this:

sudo apt install pcsx2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libsdl2-dev : Depends: libsdl2-2.0-0 (= 2.0.5+5) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

Now this is if I try to install after installing retropie.  If I install pcsx2 first,  then install retropie it'll break pcsx2.  
If this isn't exactly what you were asking for I apologize.  I'm a newb that is a little out of his depth and trying to learn by jumping in the deep end.

edit*
I also just looked into evdev, I ran evtest and it is definitely picking up inputs there, just once again not with the plugin.

edit2*
I just talked more on the retropie forums. Retropie is using a customized sdl2:amd64. So that is where the problem is coming in. Which is why I'm trying to run in a chroot. Like I said I know I'm a newb, but I know that there was a reason it wouldn't work outside of a chrooted package. And honestly what I've done with a chroot works well so far. I can play a game and have it look really nice, it's just not fun playing on a keyboard when I do have a controller hooked up.
(05-01-2017, 05:16 PM)gregory Wrote: JS input API has been deprecated since a long time. PCSX2 uses the generic evdev API.

Disregard most of what I was asking.  I figured out what was going on.  I needed to bind /sys to the chroot to get it running.
Quote:The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libsdl2-dev : Depends: libsdl2-2.0-0 (= 2.0.5+5) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
Hum, that strange we don't libsdl2-dev package. Only the main lib.

Code:
Retropie is using a customized sdl2:amd64.
Ok. But they also need to provide sdl2:i386 to be multiarch compliant.
(05-02-2017, 09:56 AM)gregory Wrote: Ok. But they also need to provide sdl2:i386 to be multiarch compliant.
Yeah they didn't. I figured out my initial problem with the gamepad for running in a chroot. Unfortunately I found more issues. I'm going to just ditch retropie and run pcsx2 as a regular multiarch. Unfortunately that means doing a lot of manual setup for a gaming frontend but so be it. I just discovered I'd have the same issues with more emulators if I kept retropie around, so it goes. Sorry to waste your time but I at least understand what was going on better now.