PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
Building Biarch Wine On Ubuntu - WineHQ Wiki

While struggling to compile PCSX2 on Ubuntu 64-bit (i386 dependencies want to remove needed amd64) I stumbled upon the link for building biarch wine with LXC.  Has anybody else tried it?  

The base procedure is this:

Code:
sudo apt install lxc
sudo lxc-create -t ubuntu -n my32bitbox -- --bindhome $LOGNAME -a i386
sudo cp -R /etc/apt /var/lib/lxc/my32bitbox/rootfs/etc
sudo lxc-start -n my32bitbox && sudo lxc-attach -n my32bitbox
login

It's strange but the virtual container is at root so I just do a login with my local user then do normal sudo commands.

Code:
sudo apt build-dep pcsx2
sudo apt install nvidia-cg-toolkit libglew-dev
git clone https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2.git --depth 1 --branch master pcsx2

For some reason the build system is getting the wrong "-march=native" (not wrong per-se but won't create a distributable binary).  I had to edit cmake/BuildParameters.cmake and change  "set(ARCH_FLAG "-march=native")" to "-march=x86-64". That should give max cpu portability with medium support for SSE/AVX instruction sets.

Code:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DPACKAGE_MODE=TRUE ..
make
sudo checkinstall
exit
shutdown -h now

The package mode will make it compatible with checkinstall.  Too bad the default checkinstall that comes with Ubuntu can't package it.  Build checkinstall from here https://github.com/giuliomoro/checkinstall

If packaging isn't an issue just use the build.sh script.

Sponsored links

Hi guys, i'm running pcsx2 1.4.0 from retropie installation on my debian 9 stretch X64. PC is a core2duo 3ghz with 2gb ddr2 667mhz, geforce 9600gt 1gb ddr2 with nvidia drivers 340 (newer is not supported). Tried metal gear solid 3 and rayman 2 but games start at 100% speed and then pass slowly to 0% and can't start....
I've seen requirements and my systems seems to be good... but why doesn't run? tried also to tweak and optimize but no results. Games rest on first frame.
Thanks
Dario
Which gs plugins ?
(03-13-2018, 09:05 PM)gregory Wrote: Which gs plugins ?

hmmm pheraps this is the problem, seen in console : 

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
glX-Version 1.4 with Direct Rendering
Failed to find glCreateTextures
Failed to find glTextureStorage2D
Failed to find glTextureSubImage2D
Failed to find glCopyTextureSubImage2D
Failed to find glBindTextureUnit
Failed to find glGetTextureImage
Failed to find glTextureParameteri
Failed to find glCreateFramebuffers
Failed to find glClearNamedFramebufferfv
Failed to find glClearNamedFramebufferuiv
Failed to find glClearNamedFramebufferiv
Failed to find glNamedFramebufferTexture
Failed to find glNamedFramebufferDrawBuffers
Failed to find glNamedFramebufferReadBuffer
Failed to find glCheckNamedFramebufferStatus
Failed to find glCreateBuffers
Failed to find glNamedBufferStorage
Failed to find glNamedBufferData
Failed to find glNamedBufferSubData
Failed to find glMapNamedBuffer
Failed to find glMapNamedBufferRange
Failed to find glUnmapNamedBuffer
Failed to find glFlushMappedNamedBufferRange
Failed to find glCreateSamplers
Failed to find glCreateProgramPipelines
Failed to find glClipControl
Failed to find glTextureBarrier
DSA is not supported. Replacing the GL function pointer to emulate it
DSA is not supported. Replacing the GL function pointer to emulate it
Error GL_ARB_texture_barrier is not supported by your driver. You can't emulate correctly the GS blending unit! Sorry!
Error GL_ARB_texture_barrier is not supported by your driver. You can't emulate correctly the GS blending unit! Sorry!

how i can change this plugin with another ?
thanks
Dario
GSdx is really the best plugin. However, it requires some GL4 extensions (that legacy drivers don't support on purpose to sell new card). I don't remember if those extensions were optional (likely) on 1.4. Your log doesn't seem that bad. You should try the SW renderer of GSdx.

Do you see any game picture or only a single frame ? Maybe it is just too much for your hardware.
(03-16-2018, 11:08 AM)gregory Wrote: GSdx is really the best plugin. However, it requires some GL4 extensions (that legacy drivers don't support on purpose to sell new card). I don't remember if those extensions were optional (likely) on 1.4. Your log doesn't seem that bad. You should try the SW renderer of GSdx.

Do you see any game picture or only a single frame ? Maybe it is just too much for your hardware.

Ok i switch from nvidia 340.xx drivers to nouveau drivers and it seems to be better. But unplayable. Hardware OpenGL seems to not work, square pixels instead of "writing"...etc. with software opengl i can see image and writing and speed goes to 50% all. Audio is terrible also with time stretch and various drivers... 
Can i try some other video plugins ? how i can install mesa ?
(03-16-2018, 11:48 AM)dariocdj Wrote: Ok i switch from nvidia 340.xx drivers to nouveau drivers and it seems to be better. But unplayable. Hardware OpenGL seems to not work, square pixels instead of "writing"...etc. with software opengl i can see image and writing and speed goes to 50% all. Audio is terrible also with time stretch and various drivers... 
Can i try some other video plugins ? how i can install mesa ?

keep in mind it will be slow whatever you do.
MGS3 is pretty intensive. can't tell about Rayman 2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-16-2018, 11:57 AM)jesalvein Wrote: keep in mind it will be slow whatever you do.
MGS3 is pretty intensive. can't tell about Rayman 2

Ok what game is not invasive? I've seen people playing smoothly on core2 1.8ghz with 1gb ram ! i've 3.0ghz, 2gb ram and a nvidia 9600gt ddr2....i think that hardware rendering is necessary to play ... can you suggest me how i can fix video issue plugin with mesa or something else ? at the moment only software opengl works for me.
Thanks
Dario
If i activate hardware opengl :
Buggy driver detected. Geometry shaders will be disabled
Buggy driver detected, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects will be disabled ....
(03-16-2018, 12:11 PM)dariocdj Wrote: Ok what game is not invasive? I've seen people playing smoothly on core2 1.8ghz with 1gb ram ! i've 3.0ghz, 2gb ram and a nvidia 9600gt ddr2....i think that hardware rendering is necessary to play ... can you suggest me how i can fix video issue plugin with mesa or something else ? at the moment only software opengl works for me.
Thanks
Dario

What game(s) do you own ?
I don't know much about gfx drivers on debian, i only use it for headless servers.
sorry.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go