PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
[i]/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSVector.cpp: In member function ‘GSVector4i GSVector4i::fit(int) const’:
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSVector.cpp:116:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
[ 66%] Building CXX object plugins/GSdx/CMakeFiles/GSdx-0.1.16.dir/GSVertexTrace.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object plugins/GSdx/CMakeFiles/GSdx-0.1.16.dir/GSWnd.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object plugins/GSdx/CMakeFiles/GSdx-0.1.16.dir/GSdx.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object plugins/GSdx/CMakeFiles/GSdx-0.1.16.dir/stdafx.cpp.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so', needed by `plugins/GSdx/libGSdx-0.1.16.so'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [plugins/GSdx/CMakeFiles/GSdx-0.1.16.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[/i]

When trying compilate latest svn. If i try PPA version of emulator i got white screen -nothing else when i try launch games. If i change video plugin to GSDx (SW example) emulator crashes very soon on PS2 loading logo. Err... Where does it install selfs so would look via ldd does i miss somenthing... I am very new linux user. Answers would make me happy Smile

-Ubuntu 12.04 32bit ( Did had 64bit but didnt get crhoot(?) to work as 32bit so i gave up )

Machine:

Dual Xeon L5640, 6GB Ram, Ati/AMD 4870X2 1GB.

P.S. If someone wants to see do i have real PS2... Yes i can post pictures so much how you ever want!

Sponsored links

Quote:make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGL.so', needed by `plugins/GSdx/libGSdx-0.1.16.so'. Stop.
I would say that you miss a GPU drivers. Or you only have the open source driver (and forget to install libgl1-mesa-dev). The opensource driver won't work because it doesn't support opengl 3.3

Note: you didn't need anymore a chroot for ubuntu 12.04 +
(08-12-2012, 06:36 PM)gregory Wrote: I would say that you miss a GPU drivers. Or you only have the open source driver (and forget to install libgl1-mesa-dev). The opensource driver won't work because it doesn't support opengl 3.3

Note: you didn't need anymore a chroot for ubuntu 12.04 +
I did install drivers (12.6) from amd sites. Well i try install those what ubuntu gives when i dont have any driver....

UPDATE#1: Yes. Now APP version did start! Well... Lets see how compilating success. (To Note: How then compilate on 64bit? without getting that 64bit error message?) Smile
#2: Yes! Compilation did success! Thank you very much! Smile

UPDATE#3: Does not compilate video plugins (but null yes). Did try then Code::Blocks IDE but it says about GSdx next ->

||=== GSdx, Release ===|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|116|error: ‘shared_ptr’ has not been declared|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|116|error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|163|error: ‘shared_ptr’ has not been declared|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|163|error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|173|error: ‘shared_ptr’ was not declared in this scope|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|173|error: template argument 1 is invalid|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|173|error: expected ‘{’ before ‘>’ token|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|173|error: expected unqualified-id before ‘>’ token|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|220|error: ‘shared_ptr’ has not been declared|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|220|error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘<’ token|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|211|error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class GSRasterizerList::GSWorker’|
/home/aleksi/.pcsx2-read-only/plugins/GSdx/GSRasterizer.h|173|error: forward declaration of ‘class GSRasterizerList::GSWorker’|
||=== Build finished: 12 errors, 0 warnings ===|
Updated to latest ppa build on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, and got pretty different results from GSdx hardware on my A6-3500 APU. Running repo AMD drivers.

I have 2 games I test on it, which are Tekken Tag Tournament and Dark Cloud.

Before, Dark Cloud would crash when it tried to show the intro film. Now it goes to a black screen almost immediately and then seems to get no further.

Before, Tekken would run pretty well, with some graphical glitches, but eventually freeze after what seemed a mostly consistent time. Now the graphics are badly broken, but it doesn't freeze or crash.
@XantheFIN, use cmake (or the ./build.sh script) not codeblock.

@agent00skid, hardware renderer is completey broken on AMD. I have some issue with blend setup (might be a driver bug).
I know. Just though I'd report the changes. Smile

My Ubuntu is mostly for fun and games. And what's more fun than broken software? Tongue
Hey,

When I try running the only version available from PPA on precise (i386:unstable) with my Radeon 7850 and Catalyst drivers, my whole system locks up. Am I doing something wrong, or is this expected?
Try to upgrade to 10.8 or 10.9 beta if exists. Otherwise I m sorry but all users with an hd7xxx card got lookup with PCSX2. Maybe zzogl can work, I don't remenber if it was impacted too.

If you want to use pcsx2 try to found an older version that support SDL on gsdx.
I have the same config, same result. Gregory have you news about this bug for the last time we discussed about it?
Config: Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic 64 bits - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - official Ubuntu Nvidia drivers 390.48 - 1920x1080 - Processor Intel i5-3570 3,4 Ghz - 8 Go RAM
No news. Last time I posted a bug report on fglrx linux with a small testcase to reproduce an easy to fix issue, I didn't get any reply. So I won't loose time to open a bug report for drivers crashes.

Could you test latest fglrx beta (12.9)? By the way could you refresh my memory a little:
1/ both zzogl and gsdx (SW) was impacted, correct?
2/ are the replayers also impacted?