PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
(08-16-2017, 03:26 AM)chrisndeca Wrote: Coming back around to the issue with installing PCSX via/into RetroPie. Should I just post here about this issue or start a new thread?

Thanks

Pcsx2 doesnt have any libretro core
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(08-16-2017, 08:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Pcsx2 doesnt have any libretro core

Yep, I know this. If you look up thread a bit, you will see the issues that are being faced when attempting to install PC2SX via RetroPie (which supports more than just libretro cores).
(08-16-2017, 08:19 PM)chrisndeca Wrote: Yep, I know this. If you look up thread a bit, you will see the issues that are being faced when attempting to install PC2SX via RetroPie (which supports more than just libretro cores).

If you mean the SDL issue, it isn't an issue in our side. We support all SDL versions.
Sorry for interruption , reading a link on http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Auto-Boot...Separately
How do I convert it to ubuntu directory patch and create a link?

From windows
"C:\Games\Playstation 2\PCSX2\pcsx2-r4600.exe" "C:\Games\Playstation 2\Final Fantasy X.iso" --cfgpath="C:\Games\PCSX2 configs\FFX-inis"

To ubuntu
Creating a launcher and command from above window directory .I only get to know the pcsx2 path at /usr/share/applications/PCSX2.desktop ?

Thank you in advance
Hey, I am a complete newbie here and also to PCSX2.
Been searching for 2-3 days already and still found no solutions.

How to remove this error ?
(PCSX2:32533): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",
(PCSX2:32533): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",

Tried to google them and found no answers...
(08-17-2017, 11:29 AM)gregory Wrote: If you mean the SDL issue, it isn't an issue in our side. We support all SDL versions.

One of the Dev's from the RetroPie side has said that the PCSX2 package is specifying an exact version of SDL that it wants?

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/9020...ng-pcsx2/2
First, I don't know which package people are talking about. Then the guy said that they hacked amd64 SDL2 version but didn't provide the 32 bits equivalent which leaded to a broken system state.

Quote:@Charononus Not sure what you are after? The problem is due to our custom sdl2:amd64 - which conflicts with the system sdl2:i386 as they don't match. I am aware of the issue - there is nothing pcsx2 can do about it so not sure why you are posting there (unless they ever support native 64bit).
Hey gregory, I'm running into an odd problem. I've got two USB->PS2 adapters, and any time I plug a PS2 controller in, I can't use the R2 button either in the config or in any game. I only have OnePad as the controller plugin, but I was curious if you had heard/seen this before elsewhere.

I'm running on 16.04 LTS. In the config window, whenever I try to bind R2 to the correct key it just ignores me, and if it's bound and I try using it in game, it also ignores me so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Thanks.
Which version of onepad ? Latest git should autodetect your pad (and hopefully correctly)
1.1.0. I don't think I'm running the git version of PCSX2, just the apt version.

Edit: yeah, I've got the apt/repository version. I tried doing the git version and building PCSX2, but the guide is severely lacking and I keep running into issues where it's complaining about dependencies not being installed and those dependencies fail to install so I just gave up.