PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
And now i've bought a gtx1050ti ... same result or just 35% speed.... and rpcs3 work fluid...... what can be !

Sponsored links

Hello, also noob here.

I recently downloaded a lubuntu iso because my pc isn't the greatest (running windows 10), and I though about using Just-Enough-OS to run shadow of colossus on pcsx2, maybe dumping the game iso on dram to reduce loading times; but I'm 0% skilled about distros. Can lubuntu even run the emulator? Do I need an specific graphic type of distro? I noticed mint has a gnome version and a diferent one.
Sorry for being so noob, but I'm trying to learn linux, I'm just a real begginner.
Question regarding the raspi 4b and possible functionality of the PCSX2 system thereon. can anyone talk on this?
it will probably work.
but games will be unplayable
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
thats fine, i'm just looking to see how far i can push it before it crashes at the moment. see what it can do before i format the card and hard drive and tone down its work load you know?
Hello,

I have been able to install the stable version in Kali Linux, but I struggle to install the unstable version. After adding the repositories, I get the following messages :

E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/pcsx2-team/pcsx2-daily/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

Is there any way to solve this? Apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere.

Thanks.
Hi,

Running PCSX through Steam and mapped controllers through individual keyboard bindings, but cannot get Pad 2 (set up on OnePad) to work at all, Pad 1 works just fine. Is there a working plugin to enable two players on Linux? Or am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks
Hello guys i hope that you are well on the start on this new year Laugh, i downloaded the pcxs2 package version directly from the page and followed the steps for ubuntu 20.04 i managed to solve some errors about missing libraries but im getting some hard to kill errors at the moment
ERROR the plugin (./plugins/libGSdx-avx2-1.0.0.so) miss some dependencies
libpng12.so.0 => not found
ERROR the plugin (./plugins/libGSdx-intel-sse4-1.0.0.so) miss some dependencies

ERROR the plugin (./plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so) miss some dependencies
libSoundTouch.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so.0 => not found
libwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0.so.0 => not found

ERROR the plugin (./plugins/libGSdx-1.0.0.so) miss some dependencies

./PCSX2: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
can you please lend me a hand with this? in the meantime i will keep searching for a solution
Hello! I realize that I'm new here, having just registered to create this reply, but I'd love to have some help if I could. I got an Atari VCS a couple weeks ago and put Ubuntu on it. I've gon through an have built up a pretty nice emulation system now. Anyway, I'd like to get PCSX2 running on it. I've seen some youtube videos where people are doing it, so I know it's possible. I just can't figure out why it's not working for me.

For starters, I built the emulator via a script from RetroArena/ARES. (https://gitlab.com/slaminger/ARES-Setup/...s/pcsx2.sh) The emulator compiled just fine. I've been able to get it launch, have configured it to use the default settings for now, and selected my BIOS. Everything looks like it wants to work. Then, when I try to launch the BIOS without a disk, it crashes. It also crashes if I try to load a game. It's kinda like the "frontend" works, but once it tries to run something, it stops working.

When I try to run the emulator from the command line, there's a "wrapper" included that I loading from. It's called "PCSX2-linux.sh". When I execute that, my terminal screen shows this:

find: ‘./plugins’: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: 20:17:19.277: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 20:17:19.278: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Interface is initializing. Entering Pcsx2App:OhmynInit!
Applying operating system default language...
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!

I've googled the first error about the module and have installed it, so I don't know why it's still showing up. I also don't know why it's saying it can't find the /plugins, when the program loads and I have access to all of them as it is.

I'm very new to Linux, having mostly spent my time using it with RetroPie. But I'm learning. I've already learned a lot just by trial and error and google. But if somebody out there in PCSX2LAND could let me know what I'm missing, or doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it!

TIA!
I did some digging and I think the problem I'm having is because it wants to store the plugins and such in the /root folder. Since I'm not using the root user, it must have been giving me difficulties. When I try to run the script with sudo, I can actually get it to load the BIOS but there is no audio. Grr, close but not there yet. Would really like some help.