PCSX2 for Fedora
You mean in the make install? that is good - PCSX2 FAQ was an obstacle to getting package officially accepted on rpmfusion, as it was previously being looked for in the subdirectory of the pcsx2 binary; installing folders in the /usr/bin/ directory is forbidden by fedora rules. Off the top of my head desktop and icon files weren't a problem. I'll try rebuilding in the next few days when I have some time - is mandriva gclib issue resolved now?

EDIT: I see from your PM that this code is disabled, so I will go ahead and build when I can.

BTW I was thinking of producing a pcsx2-sdl rpm, using a bash script to launch the binary correctly with LD_PRELOAD as we've discussed - I presume a more elegant solution doesn't exist?

Sponsored links

Yes, make install. However the link in the first time wizard will not work.

Actually I reenable the code for the glibc.I found a better fix. However I need to fix cmake for fedora. I think you have a different linker (either hidden option or the gold linker)

For the bash script, give a look at launch_pcsx2_linux.sh
Should I flag it up as an issue that first time wizard link gets broken then? presumably the code looks for it in the binary subdirectory - is there any way to alter this?
Sure look at the file: pcsx2/gui/Dialogs/FirstTimeWizard.cpp line 77.
There is 2 issues
1/ PCSX2_VersionMid is 9 when the FAQ is 8
2/ InstallFolder path which I do not know the value but probably wrong.

Anyway, I do not think it is critical because you can still open the FAQ manually.
(09-05-2011, 09:12 AM)Gumbo Wrote: Should I flag it up as an issue that first time wizard link gets broken then? presumably the code looks for it in the binary subdirectory - is there any way to alter this?

By "flag it up as an issue" do you mean open an issue in PCSX2 ? In case yes, I already did it in issue #1033.
Thanks for that.

Can't really make head or tail of the code.

Code:
FastFormatUnicode faqFile;
    faqFile.Write( L"file:///%s/Docs/PCSX2_FAQ_%u.%u.%u.pdf",
        InstallFolder.ToString().c_str(), PCSX2_VersionHi, PCSX2_VersionMid, PCSX2_VersionLo
    );

I don't suppose it would be as simple as explicity naming the correct path for the distribution in the expression ( L"file: .... );
You can do something like that. Adapt the path and the filename (on debian docs are gz by default and I do not know how to change it).

Code:
--- pcsx2.snapshot-4910.orig/pcsx2/gui/Dialogs/FirstTimeWizard.cpp
+++ pcsx2.snapshot-4910/pcsx2/gui/Dialogs/FirstTimeWizard.cpp
@@ -74,9 +74,7 @@
    SetMinWidth( 600 );

FastFormatUnicode faqFile;
-    faqFile.Write( L"file:///%s/Docs/PCSX2_FAQ_%u.%u.%u.pdf",
-        InstallFolder.ToString().c_str(), PCSX2_VersionHi, PCSX2_VersionMid, PCSX2_VersionLo
-    );
+    faqFile.Write( L"file:///usr/share/doc/pcsx2-unstable/pcsx2/PCSX2_FAQ_0.9.8.pdf.gz" );

wxStaticBoxSizer& langSel    = *new wxStaticBoxSizer( wxVERTICAL, this, _("Language selector") );
Making a start (at last) on the new fedora build (svn 4918) using LD_PRELOAD, but the libpcsx2_SDL.so library isn't being built anymore. I am making a mistake somewhere?

Code:
$ svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ pcsx2-read-only && cd pcsx2-read-only && mkdir my_build && cd my_build && cmake ../CMakeLists.txt -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release && cd .. && make && make install

$ LD_PRELOAD="/home/giles/pcsx2-read-only/3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/libpcsx2_SDL.so" ~/pcsx2-read-only/bin/pcsx2
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/giles/pcsx2-read-only/3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/libpcsx2_SDL.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Interface is initializing.  Entering Pcsx2App::OnInit!
Applying operating system default language...
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/giles/pcsx2-read-only/3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/libpcsx2_SDL.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
Command line parsing...
Command line parsed!
(UserMode) Found portable install ini @ /home/giles/pcsx2-read-only/bin/portable.ini

(pcsx2:6788): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 14

(pcsx2:6788): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 14

Action canceled: Startup aborted: User canceled FirstTime Wizard.

$ find -name libpcsx2_SDL.so

$ find -name *.so
./plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/libzzogl-0.3.0.so
./plugins/SPU2null/libSPU2null.so
./plugins/FWnull/libFWnull-0.7.0.so
./plugins/CDVDiso/src/libCDVDiso.so
./plugins/CDVDlinuz/Src/libCDVDlinuz.so
./plugins/PadNull/libPADnull.so
./plugins/onepad/libonepad-1.1.0.so
./plugins/spu2-x/src/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
./plugins/GSnull/libGSnull.so
./plugins/CDVDnull/libCDVDnull.so
./plugins/USBnull/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
./plugins/dev9null/libdev9null-0.5.0.so
./plugins/GSdx/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
./plugins/zerospu2/libzerospu2.so
./bin/plugins/libCDVDnull.so
./bin/plugins/libCDVDlinuz.so
./bin/plugins/libzzogl-0.3.0.so
./bin/plugins/libonepad-1.1.0.so
./bin/plugins/libPADnull.so
./bin/plugins/libdev9null-0.5.0.so
./bin/plugins/libGSnull.so
./bin/plugins/libCDVDiso.so
./bin/plugins/libFWnull-0.7.0.so
./bin/plugins/libSPU2null.so
./bin/plugins/libspu2x-2.0.0.so
./bin/plugins/libzerospu2.so
./bin/plugins/libUSBnull-0.7.0.so
./bin/plugins/libGSdx-0.1.16.so

$ find -name *SDL.*
./plugins/GSdx/GSDeviceSDL.h
./plugins/GSdx/.svn/text-base/GSDeviceSDL.h.svn-base
./plugins/GSdx/.svn/text-base/GSDeviceSDL.cpp.svn-base
./plugins/GSdx/.svn/prop-base/GSDeviceSDL.h.svn-base
./plugins/GSdx/.svn/prop-base/GSDeviceSDL.cpp.svn-base
./plugins/GSdx/CMakeFiles/GSdx-0.1.16.dir/GSDeviceSDL.cpp.o
./plugins/GSdx/GSDeviceSDL.cpp
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/src/.svn/text-base/SDL.c.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/src/SDL.c
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/include/.svn/text-base/SDL.h.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/include/SDL.h
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/.svn/text-base/SDL.spec.in.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/.svn/text-base/README-SDL.txt.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/CMakeFiles/pcsx2_SDL.dir
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/CMakeFiles/pcsx2_SDL.dir/src/SDL.c.o
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/SDL/SDL.vcp
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/SDL/.svn/text-base/SDL.vcp.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/SDL/.svn/text-base/SDL.vcproj.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/SDL/SDL.vcproj
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/.svn/text-base/SDL.sln.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/.svn/text-base/SDL.vcw.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/SDL.sln
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/VisualCE/SDL.vcw
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/SDL.spec.in
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/README-SDL.txt
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/libpcsx2_SDL.a
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/Xcode/SDL/SDL.xcodeproj
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/Xcode/SDL/pkg-support/.svn/text-base/SDL.info.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/Xcode/SDL/pkg-support/.svn/prop-base/SDL.info.svn-base
./3rdparty/SDL-1.3.0-5387/Xcode/SDL/pkg-support/SDL.info

PCSX2 crashes when I try to run an iso with gsdx plugin despite the warning.
You must set this option: SHARED_SDL (only need to be defined) -> -DSHARED_SDL=foo
(09-17-2011, 10:40 AM)gregory Wrote: You must set this option: SHARED_SDL (only need to be defined) -> -DSHARED_SDL=foo

Yes - it gives a warning but it works. Thank-you gregory Smile

Code:
$ cd pcsx2-read-only && cd my_build && cmake ../CMakeLists.txt -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=TRUE -DSHARED_SDL=libpcsx2_SDL -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-- Enable the stripping by default in Release build !!!
-- Use internal version of Soundtouch by default.
    Note: There have been issues in the past with sound quality depending on the version of Soundtouch
    Use -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SOUNDTOUCH=FALSE at your own risk
-- Internal SDL is a development snapshot of libsdl 1.3
    Crashes can be expected and no support will be provided
-- Use internal pcsx2 SoundTouch library
-- Use internal pcsx2 SDL library
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
CMake Warning: The variable, 'SHARED_SDL', specified manually, was not used during the generation.
-- Build files have been written to: /home/giles/pcsx2-read-only