PCSX2 for Gentoo
(03-10-2013, 12:35 PM)gregory Wrote: Actually I used to removed the .svn, then I wrongly though that svn 1.7 move every .svn dir into a single root .svn. I will update it in my next commit.

I will keep gz for flow compatibility with others distributions. By the way, mine .gz is only 4.2M (without .svn), the switch to xz will probably yield smaller gain.

Anyway, you're free to update the script for you convenience Smile

Yeah, after removing the .svn dirs, the xz is only 2.7M

Sponsored links

If you want/agree I can change your thread to a sticky one so it appears on the important threads. The only condition is to help gentoo users with patience Wink
(03-14-2013, 08:29 PM)gregory Wrote: If you want/agree I can change your thread to a sticky one so it appears on the important threads. The only condition is to help gentoo users with patience Wink

No problem.
By the way, how is going the port to have full GPU support on GSdx?
Cool

Quote:By the way, how is going the port to have full GPU support on GSdx?
Unfortunately it is stalled. I didn't have enough free time recently. The next step is to merge my window opengl port. I'm also a waiting a bug fix of fglrx. In the meantime, open source driver made very good progress. It could be easier to fix bug because fglrx seems to crash for no reason...
Just registered to say thanks, the ebuild worked great and I'm really glad you took the time to write it.

Only issue I ran into was that I had to unmerge emul-linux-x86-wxGTK to install the newer version, but it worked perfectly after that.
(04-17-2013, 02:59 AM)Milkyholmes Wrote: Just registered to say thanks, the ebuild worked great and I'm really glad you took the time to write it.

Only issue I ran into was that I had to unmerge emul-linux-x86-wxGTK to install the newer version, but it worked perfectly after that.

Glad to know that my work has been helpful to someone. Thanks :-)
(04-18-2013, 01:30 PM)vincent Wrote: Glad to know that my work has been helpful to someone. Thanks :-)

Otro dando las gracias.. funciona perfecto! Saludos. Dejo un video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mQCDN45o...e=youtu.be
There is some information about installing latest live-version of PCSX2 for Gentoo amd64 without chroot. If anyone want - can to place this information anywhere.
Short information here: https://github.com/Zeben/zeben_overlay
This is my overlay with specific ebuilds for true PCSX2 compiling. Also very simple way Smile
Also I can write a short information here:
1. emerge layman;
2. echo "source /var/lib/layman/make.conf" >> /etc/portage/make.conf
3. layman -o https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36143882/layman.xml -fa zeben-overlay
4. emerge -av pcsx2

Some screenshots:
[Image: d03cc229d668t.jpg]

[Image: 16c65bf6707ct.jpg]
Hi thanks for your ebuild.

My System : Gentoo X64 4 GB RAM
I get the following errors while using it:

[100%] Built target zzogl-cg-static
/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999/plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp: In function âvoid DisplayDialog()â:
/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999/plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:289:13: warning: unused variable âseparatorâ [-Wunused-variable]
/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999/plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:290:13: warning: unused variable âskipdraw_labelâ [-Wunused-variable]
/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999/plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:290:30: warning: unused variable âskipdraw_textâ [-Wunused-variable]
/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999/plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:290:46: warning: unused variable âskipdraw_holderâ [-Wunused-variable]
/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999/plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:290:64: warning: unused variable âwarning_labelâ [-Wunused-variable]
At global scope:
cc1plus: warning: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-unused-local-typedefs" [enabled by default]
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/system/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999_build'
make[1]: *** [plugins/zzogl-pg-cg/opengl/CMakeFiles/zzogl-cg-0.3.0.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/system/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999_build'
make: *** [all] Error 2
emake failed
* ERROR: games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1 failed (compile phase):
* (no error message)
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 93: Called src_compile
* environment, line 3218: Called cmake-utils_src_compile
* environment, line 839: Called _execute_optionaly 'src_compile'
* environment, line 347: Called enable_cmake-utils_src_compile
* environment, line 1112: Called cmake-utils_src_make
* environment, line 854: Called emake_src_make
* environment, line 1080: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake VERBOSE=1 "$@" || die;
* If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1'`,
* the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1'`.
* This ebuild is from an overlay named 'zeben_local': '/var/lib/layman/zeben-overlay/'
* The complete build log is located at '/log/portage/games-emulationTongue2csx2-9999-r1:20130917-081850.log'.
* For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/mnt/data/system/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/temp/build.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at '/mnt/data/system/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/temp/environment'.
* Working directory: '/mnt/data/system/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999_build'
* S: '/mnt/data/system/tmp/portage/games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1/work/pcsx2-9999'

>>> Failed to emerge games-emulation/pcsx2-9999-r1, Log file:

>>> '/log/portage/games-emulationTongue2csx2-9999-r1:20130917-081850.log'

Might it help to post the output of logs?
a full log with (at least with the real error message) would be more than useful Wink