PCSX2 for android?
(04-13-2012, 09:06 PM)synce Wrote: I think the people enjoying PS1 games most on their phones are using Xperia Play. I don't know how successful it was, but hopefully Sony focuses more than on things like that and less on things like Vita.

No. And thankfully, that won't happen.

Sponsored links

(04-13-2012, 01:24 PM)giorgakis132 Wrote: yeah.. thats pretty.. distant to achieve this.. even today not all computers can handle pcsx2, imagine mobile phones Tongue

To be fair ARM processors are rapidly approaching the capacity/raw speed of desktop processors. Just look at comparatives between Tegra 3 and Core 2 Duos, in 2-3 years -IMO- the gap will be bridged and if not our phones certainly our tablets will run as fast as mid-range laptops.

Given how less overhead the Android systems have as well as how cheaper tablets/phones are compared to laptops we're going to see an even deepeing proliferation of android/ARM systems. So IMHO it would be a good strategy for the devs to look ahead for that day (that *will* come rather sooner than most think) where Tablets/phones would be the primary computers for most people...

Having said that, we're not there yet and I doubt that even the best tablet out there right now -even if we had the code ready- could run PS2 games adequately; so -yeah- I hope that we're going to see it but I don't expect it to happen for the following couple of years... I would love to hear the devs' opinion on this though...
I don't know about that naoan. I'm sure some people enjoy the console but looking at the Vita's sales it's hard to imagine Sony will keep going with their current strategy. It's already selling worse than the 3DS was right before Nintendo decided to drop the price. They need to understand that to charge $300 the thing better be compact and be able to call people, it's not just about the graphics.
yeah really... buy a psp instead it is a lot cheaper Tongue (who really needs graphics, touch screen and stuff? psp I believe is hell a lot more fun than vita! not that I ever had one :/)
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

(04-13-2012, 09:46 PM)Stevethegreat Wrote: To be fair ARM processors are rapidly approaching the capacity/raw speed of desktop processors. Just look at comparatives between Tegra 3 and Core 2 Duos, in 2-3 years -IMO- the gap will be bridged and if not our phones certainly our tablets will run as fast as mid-range laptops.

Given how less overhead the Android systems have as well as how cheaper tablets/phones are compared to laptops we're going to see an even deepeing proliferation of android/ARM systems. So IMHO it would be a good strategy for the devs to look ahead for that day (that *will* come rather sooner than most think) where Tablets/phones would be the primary computers for most people...

Having said that, we're not there yet and I doubt that even the best tablet out there right now -even if we had the code ready- could run PS2 games adequately; so -yeah- I hope that we're going to see it but I don't expect it to happen for the following couple of years... I would love to hear the devs' opinion on this though...

in 2-3 years i wonder how much further laptops will be.... +^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Once Arm based devices are fast enough, just emulate a PC with vbox/vmware, and run pcsx2 in it! Tongue2
well I still would think that PCSX2 could run on Android, mainly since Android is nothing more then Linux Smile
(04-14-2012, 12:31 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: in 2-3 years i wonder how much further laptops will be.... +^_^+

Not much further I'm afraid. While Desktops develop by leaps and bounds laptops seem to take their time, technologically they remind me of consoles. Medium-low end gaming tech and a slow upgrading path...
And dont even get me started on what this would do to the battery life on an android device.
for mobile is impossible.... but for laptops and desktop pcs is possible....

here is the project site...

http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/