PCSX2 - good comp, slow games
(10-02-2011, 01:45 AM)Ranjak Wrote: When you're emulating a PS2 game on a PC, you're basically making it run on a hardware that the game hasn't been designed for. In fact, PS2 games have been designed to run only on the PS2, so the emulator has to "fake" being a PS2 in order to make the game run. And this is very power-demanding, since (to put it in a shell) the PS2 is built in a different way than the PCs.

That's a good way to put it. The PS2 CPU uses MIPS while most PCs use either an x86 or an x64 CPU; an emulator needs to translate back and forth between different CPU architectures...that's where the emulator code comes in. Through reverse engineering and countless hours of trial and error during the coding, the end result is the emulator. An emulator translates the PS2 Emotion Engine CPU instructions for the PC to understand, and it has to emulate hardware through software. To reiterate, PCs were never intended to run console emulators in the first place, so they have to be tricked into acting like the system(s) in question.

Kankuro clearly doesn't have a clue as to why emulators run the way they do. Even Snes emulation hasn't been perfected yet, heck, no emulator has achieved perfection. You can get really, really close (Bsnes is an excellent example of super-accurate emulation), but perfection is still very difficult to get.

Heck, maybe I'm completely off about the whole thing, but if I understand emulators as well as I do, there has to be some way for the emulator to translate the console's CPU instructions for the x86/x64 CPU to understand, correct?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

Back on topic:
I suggest that you first of all switch from Directx9 to DirectX10 Hardware mode in Gsdx.
Also try recommended speedhacks.
Use SPU2-X as an audio plugin.
Also check in the upper left section of SPU2-X's settings that what option is selected if it's 4-Catmul then change it to 2-Linear.
I am also having problems running MKA however they are on a whole different level.
Please try to understand that Mortal Kombat Armageddon is a very cpu intensive game so you may not even be able to get 30FPS in fights.
I know this cuz I currently get 32FPS in fights.
Hope I helped.
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex is a game I haven't tested yet so I can't really say anything but you might as well know that some games are still works in progress on this emulator so the best thing for you to do is wait. <-My Opinion Only.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86