PCSX2 hangs...but only the 1st time after I restart my comp.
Does anyone have this problem? Upon initial launch of my computer, I go to boot PCSX2 and it hangs as it tries to boot a game. Have to quit the task. But after that,it works perfectly...until I reboot my computer again that is.

Anyone else? Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Sponsored links

Really, know one? This has never happened to anyone? This has happened everytime since I started using PCSX2. It's pretty annoying...any ideas on why this may be happening?

No hacks, and default plugins.
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.3 ghz. (Sandy Bridge CPU) / Asus P8P67 / 4 Gig Ram / GeForce GTX 660/ Creative X-fi / Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
Ok, I hope I get a reply this time. I attached a log to show what happens. After my computer starts up, I launch PCSX2 and try booting a game, but it hangs as its starting the GS plugin and freezes my computer until i kill the process.

Again, I can't believe i'm the only one who has ever experienced this. But even if I am, is there anything you can think of that could be causing this?

Thanks!

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 689 bytes / Downloads: 249)
what are your pcsx2 settings, and plugins settings? Rolleyes
also what's your pc specs? (saw this thread in the past and didn't bother to reply Rolleyes )
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Ok, well I found the problem, although now it seems even more strange that no one else has ever experienced this. Basically this: If I have GSDX set to any resolution (all are fullscreen of course) then it'll hang. If I set it to Windowed, it'll work fine. Weird, huh?

This is with 100% default settings - copied the exe and dll to a new folder, launched it for the first time, did initial setup and then only changed the display setting from Windowed to a resolutoin, and tried launching a game (tried several for the record) = Hang! That's it, that one thing causes the emu to freeze on me the 1st time I start it after a fresh computer boot. If I change it back to Windowed, reboot my computer, it'll start just fine when I launch it.

Plugins:
PCSX2 0.9.6 (through current beta)
GSDX (release through current beta)
SPU-X
Linuz ISO
Lilypad input
Bios 2.00

PC Specs are in my sig.

Soooooooooo what do you guys think? Any ideas on why this is or what can fix this?
Seems like a graphics drivers bug.
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
(04-04-2009, 05:23 AM)Cody900 Wrote: Seems like a graphics drivers bug.

I am using the latest drivers from Nvidia (182) and I upgraded to these after being on the release drivers from like a year ago (176?). This problem was present with both sets. Maybe a Nvidia option in the cfg panel?? Don't know what that would be....
Hm try setting gsdx to software dx9 mode and run the bios only with the cdvdnull plugin. Configure the bios settings,then put GSdx back to hardware mode and see if that fixes it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-04-2009, 11:54 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hm try setting gsdx to software dx9 mode and run the bios only with the cdvdnull plugin. Configure the bios settings,then put GSdx back to hardware mode and see if that fixes it

Thanks, but this doesn't work either...tried these exact steps about 3-4 times, trying different variations (before rebooting, after rebooting). Still no change. Note: If I restart my comp., start PCSX2, change to "Software" and use the Null plugin, it'll still hang. How come I always get the weird ones??!
Yea I have the same problem, really anoyin!!! i just "end task" n start the emu again =)