PCSX2 has stopped working
I'll be in the middle of a game and after 30mins to an hour of playing the emulator will randomly crash. I haven't a clue why, so I'm hoping someone here can help.

My setup:

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4ghz
8 GB Corsair Vengence
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SCE

I don't have a problem running any of the games I play (except for Jak 3), but the games that are running smoothly (Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3, Star Ocean, Tales of The Abyss, Beatmania) will all randomly crash.

Sponsored links

If you're running windows vista, 7, or 8 you can try changing the audio plugin configuration where it says "Xaudio" to "DirectSound". A recent(ish) bug has popped up that is causing random crashes for a lot of people and it's linked to that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Which version of PCSX2 are you using? That shouldn't happen on the latest official stable release, which is 1.0.0, but it's basically like a year old at this point and a lot of people use the SVN builds. You can try the latest SVN build (which last I checked was r5704 I think), but I think it has a potential glitch with memory cards since they apparently made some modifications to how memcards work.

Link to SVN build page here
(07-22-2013, 10:56 PM)Koji Wrote: If you're running windows vista, 7, or 8 you can try changing the audio plugin configuration where it says "Xaudio" to "DirectSound". A recent(ish) bug has popped up that is causing random crashes for a lot of people and it's linked to that.

Oh sorry forgot to mention, I'm running Windows 8 64. I'll try what you have said. Thanks for the instant response Laugh

(07-22-2013, 10:57 PM)NarooN Wrote: Which version of PCSX2 are you using? That shouldn't happen on the latest official stable release, which is 1.0.0, but it's basically like a year old at this point and a lot of people use the SVN builds. You can try the latest SVN build (which last I checked was r5704 I think), but I think it has a potential glitch with memory cards since they apparently made some modifications to how memcards work.

Link to SVN build page here

I am using 1.0.0 So I'll try out the newest SVN.