PCSX2 in debug mode?
Hi

I have compiled that latest PCSX2 source code but It seems to be in a debugging mode. It has a debug menu and prints out alot more to the console than the latest release version, not to mention is alot slower. I have taken a look through the source code but their is just to much for me to guess where I might find any defs for debugging modes.

Could you give a brief description on the definitions that change the way PCSX2 behaves (like debugging, logs etc...) and what source files I may find them in please?

Thanks loads Tongue
[Image: 40122467.png]

Sponsored links

My Visual Studio foo is a little rusty, but the Build selection menu should have an option for each release type.

Default is 'Debug' for obvious reasons, change it to the build that will best suite your CPU. Pretty sure there's options for SSE2/SSSE3/SSE4 or something similar.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(02-23-2010, 10:33 PM)echosierra Wrote: My Visual Studio foo is a little rusty, but the Build selection menu should have an option for each release type.

Default is 'Debug' for obvious reasons, change it to the build that will best suite your CPU. Pretty sure there's options for SSE2/SSSE3/SSE4 or something similar.

I could compile as a release but what I mean is that actual PCSX2 application is behaving differently than the version that is released to the genreral public.

By the looks of it, the definition that needs to be undefined is called

PCSX2_DEVBUILD

It allows for the debug menu to appear amongsts many other things but for some weird reason, it isnt actually defined but the debug menu is still appearing.....take a look, its pretty odd.

Let me give an example.. This shouldnt be compiling because PCSX2_DEVBUILD is not defined, but it is still compiling the debugger menu.

Code:
#ifdef PCSX2_DEVBUILD
    ADDSUBMENU(0, _("&Debug"));
    ADDMENUITEM(0,_("&Logging"), ID_DEBUG_LOGGING);
    ADDMENUITEM(0,_("Memory Dump"), ID_DEBUG_MEMORY_DUMP);
    ADDMENUITEM(0,_("&Remote Debugging"), ID_DEBUG_REMOTEDEBUGGING);
    ADDMENUITEM(0,_("Enter &Debugger..."), ID_DEBUG_ENTERDEBUGGER);
#endif

Anyway, the resulting executable is "binpcsx2-dbg.exe" so maybe I have just downloaded the wrong source? Ill have to keep checking.
Is their a dev who could point me in the right direction? thanks.
If you get a "...-dbg.exe" file you're still compiling on Debug, as echosierra said make sure you change the build selection to Release and you should be fine. Maybe do a clean > rebuild also to make sure it's OK.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
What you need to change:
You currently have it set at Debug

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-24-2010, 04:27 PM)Bositman Wrote: What you need to change:
You currently have it set at Debug

Oh sorry about that. Blush
I just assumed that the debugging behaviour was entirely controled by the PCSX2, rather than Visual Studio.

So when debugging in VC++, does PCSX2_DEVBUILD get defined? If so, how is that?