PCSX2 in stereoscopic 3D
Hi PCSX2 Team!

First post... Blush Im an avid follower of the Emulator and his community. You do a very good job, the emu works already very well. Smile

I have a question/problem, may be you can help.
Im a fan of 3D and have used shutterglasses and now a IZ3D Monitor. IZ3D do have a general driver (Nvidia/ATI, Vista/ XP) with various output methods. Anaglyph (cyan/red) output is free for all.
The Driver hooks itselfs somewhere in the DirectX Chain to create 2 views of the same scene, slightely shifted to create a stereo 3D effect. It does work in practically all DirectX9 Games (also new ones, some time later also in DX10) and even some windowed apps like Google Earth.

The Facts
This 3D Driver used to work with the Emulator some time ago (until a very old GSdx Plugin Version 0.14 I think...?). From then on, it didnt work anymore. The driver hooks itself apparently, I can change values (seperation and convergence) on the onscreen menu ingame (in SSX3 for example), but the camera(s) do(es) not get shifted, the image does not get doubled (it has to, to work correctly...)

The question
I asked on the IZ3D Forum, and as the support is INCREDIBLE, the Lead Developer answered me, saying that:
Quote:It could be because of the CPU is rendering the stuff, and GPU and DirectX are only to show the results.

Is this a possibilty?
Also im not sure if it only depends on the Video Plugin or if the emulator has to do something with this.

If you could bring some light into this, I would be very happy.
Gaming PS2 games in real 3D would be like a dream. Rolleyes

Im using Windows XP, 8800GTS 640MB, [email protected]

Sponsored links

I have also been hoping to see pcsx2 in stereoscopic 3d. I have the nvidia driver for it and play most of my games in anaglyph(red cyan).

The cpu does do most of the work so it would have to be something other than the graphics driver that would enable it, like an inbuilt option in pcsx2 perhaps?

Although this would be really cool, I'm only just getting 60fps in my games so if it had to render it twice I can see that dropping significantly.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

Hi Marcus

Are you saying that with the Nvidia Driver it works with the recent version of the emulator?
(04-17-2009, 05:07 PM)soundstorm Wrote: Hi Marcus

Are you saying that with the Nvidia Driver it works with the recent version of the emulator?

No sorry, I see how you could have misinterpreted.. I meant I play all my pc games in anaglyph. Sorry about that, but I would certainly like it to be applied to pcsx2.

The NVIDIA driver only applies the effect to gpu processing, and pcsx2 mainly harnesses the cpu, so I think there would have to be a separate option within the pcsx2 settings.
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

well the textures (and directx stuff) would all be processed in video memory (by gsdx), so maybe your running gsdx in software mode? Mellow
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Question 
I double-checked, its in hardware mode.

As I said, it worked before, and then after a new version of GSDX it stopped working. So i guess it has to do only with the video plugin and not with the emulator.

I just did a small test:
I copied the old working version to the plugin folder with the BETA 976 and voilĂ ! 3D again:

So, it's got to do with gsdx for sure... Sadly this version is very old, maybe a newer version does also work, I don't know. Need time to test it out. Although extreme-G did run practically fullspeed! Blink Even in 3D Mode (more computing). I guess as the card doesnt gets "overloaded", it easily can add the second camera/view without dropping frames... Biggrin
But there were artifacts nevertheless...

I'll post in the GSDX Thread then, I guess...
i saw the same question for nulldc (dreamcast emulator) where someone said it was impossible.
Good thing you had it working on pcsx2, might be useful one day if i buy these nvidia shuterglasses ^^
(04-18-2009, 02:01 AM)soundstorm Wrote: I just did a small test:
I copied the old working version to the plugin folder with the BETA 976 and voilĂ ! 3D again

I tried this but how did you then make it stereoscopic? Because the nvidia driver still doesn't seem to turn it on.
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

I guess you should try to run it in Fullscreen Mode, as the Nvidia Driver doesnt work in Windowed Mode, if I rember correctly. I don't know if it actually works with Nvidia Driver.... Blush
Nevermind, download the IZ3D Driver (Anaglyph output is free) here and use this one. It'll work.. but you'll see that the GSdx version is very old and many games don't work. Sad
It costs $199... + as I saw somewhere it's drivers are only for Vista.
DON'T DO DRUGSPac-Man!!! Ninja