PCSX2 in stereoscopic 3D
(04-18-2009, 02:43 PM)propella-rockfella Wrote: It costs $199... + as I saw somewhere it's drivers are only for Vista.

True! I give you some more info, note Im talking PC Gaming in general here, not PCSX2.

NVIDIA Driver
  • Only VISTA
  • Only Nvidia Cards (obvious)
  • A lot of Post-Process Effects (MotionBlur, etc) doen't work (depends on game)
  • Fast Driver because of Low-Level access of Nvidia to their cards
  • Driver is free, new Nvidia glasses around 200€, needs CRT or High Refresh LCD (120hz)

Tutorial for anaglyph here

IZ3DDriver
  • VISTA/XP
  • Nvidia AND ATI
  • Post-Process Effects work
  • Little slower than Nvidia, due to lack of low-level access
  • Driver for anaglyph output is free, other outputs like shutter, left/right, etc are 50€. Their Driver is made for their monitor (399$) in the first place .

So, i was using the IZ3D Driver for PCSX2. NOT Nvidia...

Sponsored links

Yes, as long as Nvidia is not a monopolist we have poitns to choose from!
DON'T DO DRUGSPac-Man!!! Ninja
I just tried the IZ3D driver in anaglyph with the old gsdx but when I enable it, the plugin fails. It even says 'plugin failed' when I press test on the configure screen. When stereo is disabled, the plugin works fine.

I just thought I'd try zerogs, and when I started the game the wizard came up so I set it up, but when I got ingame, it wasn't in 3d.

How did you get yours to work? I've tried every gsdx setting lol.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3600+ @2.33GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 9500GT 512MB @C:600MHz M:475MHz
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

Try to deactivate the NVidia 3D Stereo Driver. You have installed it for normal games, you said? Deactivate it if you are gonna try iz3d! I dont think 2 different Stereo Drivers work well together. Rolleyes
(04-20-2009, 11:26 AM)soundstorm Wrote: Try to deactivate the NVidia 3D Stereo Driver. You have installed it for normal games, you said? Deactivate it if you are gonna try iz3d! I dont think 2 different Stereo Drivers work well together. Rolleyes

Already did Rolleyes

Out of interest, have you mentioned the effect to any coders?
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

I don't know what else could be the problem... Newest driver and directX always helps.. Have you tried other games with iz3D, does it work? Does the Control Panel Test images work (the Ogre f.e.)?

MY Config for GDsx is normal:
Windowed
Direct3d
Shader 3
Linear Filtering
Deinterlace

Quote:Have you mentioned the effect to any coders?

I have PMailed Gabest directly some days ago about the problem, but he didnt respond until now. I didnt' open other threads or sent other mails. Should I, to tell them about 3D? Biggrin
I did wrote in the forum some time ago about this topic, nobody was interested, or probably didnt fully understand. Tongue
Quote:I don't know what else could be the problem... Newest driver and directX always helps.. Have you tried other games with iz3D, does it work? Does the Control Panel Test images work (the Ogre f.e.)?

Always have newest driver/dx.
Haven't tried it in other games yet, will try tonight if I have time
The image worked when I ran zeroGS and it did the setup wizard,
but when I click on it in the iz3d control panel it doesn't(It says the IZ3D monitor is not connected even though I have anaglyph selected.). The dynamic image does though.

Do you think it might only support the monitor in games and not anaglyph?
Thought I'd try it with the new gsdx, when I click test it says 'success' but when I run the game it has no effect.
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

Quote:It says the IZ3D monitor is not connected even though I have anaglyph selected

Yea, I know, don't pay attention. Rolleyes Anaglpyh should work anyway.
In fact any other output for 30 days of trial, you must install with "Full Options" to get the rest (dlp, shutter, interlaced, etc). DLP checkerboard ( i think) for ATI Users is free also.

Quote:The dynamic image does though.
I guess you refer to the Ogre Image. Then it seems the driver is installed correctly and working. There's also a second test with a roating IZ3D logo, maybe you wanna try this also just to see if the shortcut keys work (to change sepreation and convergence). And f you can get to run some normal games (Directx9), then everything is ok.

Quote:Do you think it might only support the monitor in games and not anaglyph?
No, in anaglyph it don't has to support anything...meaning it shoud work with every monitor and directx9 (for the moment) fullscreen games. Also the anaglyph output is free.... What sense would it make to release it for free but you're only able to use it with the 400$ monitor from iz3d? RolleyesGreat Business Model! You just need some glasses for anaglyph. Biggrin

Quote:Thought I'd try it with the new gsdx, when I click test it says 'success' but when I run the game it has no effect.
Yea, thats the problem and the reason for existence of this thread. Biggrin With the new GDsX, the driver hooks and activates (in "optimized anaglyph" f.e. it changes colors), but It's like it's not able to extract any 3d depth. On my IZ3D monitor, without glasses in normal games like FEAR or GRID, I see the image doubled. But this doesnt work in PCSX2/gdsx anymore, even at 5000% separation, there is none.. Sad
Quote:I guess you refer to the Ogre Image.
No I meant the rotating one works... the ogre one tells me the iz3d monitor is disconnected.

Just tried it on some pc games and it works, pcsx2 still says plugin failed with the old gsdx.

Could it be to do with vista and dx10? Because you said it works on dx9 and the old gsdx plugin doesn't give you the option to choose it so could it automatically be choosing dx10 which doesn't work(or does it?)?

Quote:What sense would it make to release it for free but you're only able to use it with the 400$ monitor from iz3d?
Yeah seems I was being rather silly. Tongue
2GB DDR2-333 @778MHz
Vista Ultimate x86

I guess you're right... Dx10 isnt supported by iz3d until now, and the gdsx Plugin doesnt let you choose, so it must choose dx10 in Vista. Of course dx9 games do run in dx10, so no problem, but the driver seems to have one... Sad Clever of you to think of that! Smile

IZ3D is changing the whole structure of the driver, solving a lot of problems like Multi-GPU Support, shadow display problems and last but not least DX10 Support. But the release of this 2.0 Driver is not yet stated .