PCSX2 is MUCH slower on Win7 x64
deleted
jesalvein broke my balls, farewell

Sponsored links

you should get 60FPS since it is NTSC, whatever above it is wrong FPS.
The answer to the actual question is: May be too many different factors, from better accuracy to anything else.
Imagination is where we are truly real
PCSX2 and plugins perform mostly the same on all supported Windows versions.
That is tested and confirmed.

You seem to have a configuration issue on your Win7 install.
Do a complete system check and try to find what it is Wink
To achieve such values with the reported hardware it seems reasonable to think there is too much hacks in that story too...
afaik the crossfire does not help that much in this case or may be part of the q/a, that's something I would like to know better.
Imagination is where we are truly real
180-190 FPS seems insane for 2 cores of core 2 @ 3.2 ghz, but 80-90 seems a lot more reasonable. (My processor overall is *very roughly* equal to a core 2 solo @ 2.8-3 ghz [as hyperthreading is unpredictable] and I'm getting 30-40 FPS at best on games so this seems to scale upwards reasonably)

x64 should not halve your speed, the change should only be -/+ 10% at most, because that's what it usually is.

FFXII? I'm going to tell you straight up that your not getting beyond 120 FPS... I only got 30-50 FPS unless you were using more than 2 cores which is impossible. Your FPS readings in x64 are accurate. Unfortunately speed hacks don't work too well with FFXII so I can't make it really bearably playable like I could with FFX.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
deleted
jesalvein broke my balls, farewell
Im not sure but i remember that pcsx2 had its shares of problems with 64bit OS.Try win7 x86
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
(07-26-2010, 01:59 PM)SonicXPS2 Wrote: Im not sure but i remember that pcsx2 had its shares of problems with 64bit OS.Try win7 x86

What kind of problem? Here it's pretty much crash free from day one of install (almost a year).
Didnt i say im not sure Laugh It was speedwise
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
Doesn't notice any... :|