PCSX2 is lagging on me suddenly.
Just wanna say love the program think it is great to play some of the games I havent played in years, well I got Final Fantasy X for it and last night the game was running perfectly was able to fraps as well without any lag, I even had the resolution set to 6xNative and it was running great (A few mess ups in the sound at certain times but thats alright) But now earlier today when I try to play the game is lagging now and is just unplayable by how bad it is I even turned down the settings and still no good =/ Anyone know the reason?

My computer:
Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz

4.00 GB

64-bit

Sponsored links

Whether you are playing on Linux version or windows version, the issue is the same...your cpu is not that great. A 2.4 ghz i3 M version just isn't the same as a 2.4ghz desktop version. And integrated Intel graphics don't exactly win awards for performance either. Plus laptops needs to throttle down the cpu strength to prevent overheating. Perhaps try setting your power management to high performance. Watch out for heat though! Experiment with EE timing and VU cycle stealing speedhacks to see what works best. That's about all you can do.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti