PCSX2 keeps freezing then resuming
with every game PCSX2 keeps freezing then resuming, like just for half a second, every minute or so, what problem could it be?
the FPS is really good with all my games too.
I heard the same problem was on other laptops, but only some, can someone please verify what the problem could be?

Sponsored links

there are 2 scenarios:
*check the temps...(Coretemp)
*you been encountered a auto-virus scan(Scheduled scan) check task manager for any activity
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
temps are all good pretty much 70 degrees, each core, thats good right? haha
and i dont have a virus scanner, its a new laptop Smile
Did you make sure to change your power setting scheme to "maximum performance"?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
It's probable some background app is using resources every once in a while, I know FRAPS does it in some machines.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-15-2011, 04:59 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Did you make sure to change your power setting scheme to "maximum performance"?

yes Sad
ill try reinstalling windows see how it goes
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Random-FP...Major-Help

this is the problem im having,
its weird that both our laptops are dell....
MMMMM..........
I would jump out of the bush with the simplest idea nobody posted yet;P ...are you playing from DVD? Then those freezes would be normal, dvd drive just stops when not used for a moment, and when the game needs to read from it, it needs to spin around again. You could change spin down time of your drive with some software, but it's better to just rip the game on hdd and play from iso.
(07-16-2011, 12:25 AM)miseru99 Wrote: I would jump out of the bush with the simplest idea nobody posted yet;P ...are you playing from DVD? Then those freezes would be normal, dvd drive just stops when not used for a moment, and when the game needs to read from it, it needs to spin around again. You could change spin down time of your drive with some software, but it's better to just rip the game on hdd and play from iso.

haha yeah its on an iso Tongue
ripped using imgburn on REALLY SLOW READ SPEED
i have no idea
it kinda just...
jumps down randomly to like...40fps even though the EE% is just fine
(07-15-2011, 05:24 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's probable some background app is using resources every once in a while, I know FRAPS does it in some machines.

yeah i checked Sad and nothing, not even fraps is running

This is a screenshot of it happening
Please help, it gets quite annoying not knowing what to do