PCSX2 keeps freezing?
Hello all,
I've used PCSX2 for a long while now and for the most part, it's functioned correctly. I get good framerate with games, and everything typically works as it should. However, recently, PCSX2 has ceased to function. Immediately after loading a game, it begins the PS2 splash screen and then freezes. The framerate ticker stops, the GS and UI percentages all drop to 0%, and the program stops responding. I have no idea why this issue is arising.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PCSX2 to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My system specs are:
CPU: Intel i7 2600 @3.40 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
RAM: 10GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Hi, i sometimes have the same problem, doesn't matter what i do , it keep freezing but one thing:go to system>boot CDVD full, it always fixes it for me
I've tried both full and fast booting, it's done no good.
Is there any solution? The problem still persists.
Try closing all of your background programs when using pcsx2 (I know I sound like a help bot, but it really does help).
Some games do need gamefixes to work or may crash at the start (as reported). Nowadays the needed fixes are automatically applied provided that option is ticked on at the "System" menu.

Only a supposition but verify if you don't have that option disabled.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I can verify that the automatic gamefixes are currently enabled. The problem occurs with all games, including disc-based ones, and all are games that worked perfectly well previous to this.
I have attached a photo of the game window, as it displays when it freezes. The games screen itself remains frozen on whatever image was shown last.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

can you please post the emulog.txt ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Was a solution ever found? Same thing just happened to me, but I was playing MGS2 when it happened.
open your own thread, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go