PCSX2 lags after pc reset
(05-29-2018, 02:46 AM)CK1 Wrote: Then you didn't look hard enough, it's there...
Rolleyes
(05-29-2018, 02:46 AM)TkSilver Wrote: here is the option in Nvidia's control panel
Change OpenGL rendering GPU to your nvidia GPU and 
change Power Managment mode to perfer maximum performance
Thank you.
(05-29-2018, 03:39 AM)pandubz Wrote: Reinstalling the OS is a last effort reserved for catastrophic failures. Not something you do to fix a configuration problem for one program.
I will do a clean reinstall if I were him.

Sponsored links

Doing a clean install would be wasting everybody's time, why not try to diagnose the issue first? As pandubbz said, that should be a last resort.
I didn't do much testing but the latest windows update also have s similar option for choosing the GPU like in the nvidia control panel
Type graphic settings in the start menu and add your game/program
(05-29-2018, 02:46 AM)TkSilver Wrote: here is the option in Nvidia's control panel
Change OpenGL rendering GPU to your nvidia GPU and 
change Power Managment mode to perfer maximum performance

I've set the power management mode to maximum performance, but i'll change the open gl gpu to nvidia. Thanks for the tip. I'll see if it works.  I'm actually starting to think the issue was my laptop since there was a point i could run games at a consistent 60 fps without tweaking settings, but now i have to change pretty much everything lol
When you reset your PC.. did you reload the nvidia drivers, or did it start using MS provided drivers? I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I've been bit a few times with exactly that..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(05-30-2018, 01:39 PM)scythefwd Wrote: When you reset your PC.. did you reload the nvidia drivers, or did it start using MS provided drivers?  I know it shouldn't make a difference, but I've been bit a few times with exactly that..

The first thing i did after the reset was download the latest game-ready driver, as well as updating the other drivers with driver booster 5
(05-30-2018, 09:39 PM)jarryal Wrote: The first thing i did after the reset was download the latest game-ready driver, as well as updating the other drivers with driver booster 5

Also, im not sure if it helps, but this is how my ASUS ROG gaming center looks.  On average, the temps are pretty normal, but the GPU is kinda bothering me. Could this be the issue?

https://imgur.com/gallery/OFEij5n
gpu at 44 degrees doesnt look bad at all, but that doesnt mean it isnt rampingup quick. Why is your ram frequency red though?
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(06-01-2018, 08:03 PM)scythefwd Wrote: gpu at 44 degrees doesnt look bad at all, but that doesnt mean it isnt rampingup quick.  Why is your ram frequency red though?

I honestly have no idea. That's the issue i've been seeing for awhile now. However; i did notice that it drops back to blue when it's unplugged?  It's weird. But it'll shoot back to red and stay on that number for the entire duration that it's plugged in.  So at this point, I'm thinking there could be a bit of hardware failure with the laptop. I'm not entirely certain though.
When you say "reset" do you actually mean "System Restore" or did you do "Reset this PC" from Settings>Update and Security>Recovery? System restore is known to be buggy in Windows 10 and it may have screwed something up. If that's the case I would download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and do what's known as a "Repair Upgrade." Click "Download tool now" on that page, then run the tool, and choose "Upgrade This PC." It basically reinstalls Windows 10, but it should leave all of your files, programs, and settings alone. 
Note: It probably won't work if you have updated to version 1803 already. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if Microsoft did it intentionally, but in 1803, if you try to upgrade with the tool it pops up an error saying that your Windows is an unsupported version or language (or at least that's what mine does, your mileage may vary). Also, you'll probably have to run Windows Update afterward to get all of the Cumulative Updates again, but this is far less time consuming than a clean install where you'd have to reinstall everything from scratch. If all seems good after the repair upgrade, then you can run Disk Cleanup as an Administrator to clear up the very large Windows.old folder that contains your old, messed up install, or you're not pressed for disk space you could wait a couple weeks and Windows will delete it automatically.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit