PCSX2 lowering CPU Clock Speed
G'day guys

Macbook Pro 2015 Bootcamp: Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel Core i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz (Autoclocked)
16Gb RAM (15.9GB useable)
AMD Radeon R9 M370X
PCSx2 v1.5.0-dev-2421-gf22843816

Gave my system first because my problem (I think) will be the communication between PCSx2 and my CPU...
I'm running Gran Turismo 4 currently, but it happens on all games I run, and i've set my Video settings to 2x Native. On native resolution my clock speed will be up 3-3.5GHz which it runs comfortably, no worries at EE: 60%. When I set my resolution to anything above that (2x,3x etc) my clock speed drops to 0.79-0.99GHz and doesn't fluctuate, which is unusual because normally when it's working, it will fluctuate a bit. I've double and triple checked that my laptop power settings aren't hindering it

TL;DR
CPU stuck at 0.99GHz when native res is boosted by any amount, and the second I drop it to native, CPU goes back to normal

Cheers for any advice anyone can lend!

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sounds an awful lot like thermal throttle to me. How hot is the laptop on each resolution?
This is a well known and reported issue with your specific model of macbook. I wish there was a simple "do x" solution... maybe this (http://bigbeatworld.blogspot.com/2017/01...tcamp.html) might help. Though I do not think there is a permanent solution since the laptop was designed to throttle if the temps hit anywhere near 75c
(07-12-2018, 03:56 PM)TkSilver Wrote: This is a well known and reported issue with your specific model of macbook. I wish there was a simple "do x" solution... maybe this (http://bigbeatworld.blogspot.com/2017/01...tcamp.html) might help. Though I do not think there is a permanent solution since the laptop was designed to throttle if the temps hit anywhere near 75c
Not only that Mac Laptops don't have the best ventilation and cooling.