PCSX2.net revamped!
You might had hit a cache clear moment.

Quote:good line or fibre?
No fiber optics here.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

The redesign looks great! Great job, guys!
First of all congrats for the redesign! While I was perfectly fine with the old site, I do agree that a refresh once in a while doesn't hurt. (the Latest SVN revisions box is a really nice addition)

Second, I'll jump right to the point. (mostly very minor visual things; it's a bad habit of mine to look through stuff with detail)

-The space between the 3 boxes under menu is not the same
-Bright-blue text on the grey background is kinda hard on the eyes. I'd suggest you use the dark blue that is on the menu buttons when they are NOT selected or use Bold text like you do in the "Links" box.
-Menu is cluttered. Why say the same thing differently twice? "Getting started/Start here!" or if you really want to keep the explanations of what the entries do, differentiate them more. i.e. make "Start here" smaller and/or italicised.
-Also "Home" Getting started" have icons, "Compatibility" doesn't.

Quote:taking into consideration higher resolutions and a self-adapting template, so the website will take up all your screen no matter what resolution you use.
-Does this mean the site stretches across an 1080p screen? Because if so then it's not working. Although I'm not a native speaker so I might be misunderstanding something here. Also I'm on the latest stable version of FF.

-I'd also drop the "Donate" widget and instead put the button above the "Demo" menu entry at the right end of the blue strip
-The "Search" widget says it thrice, imo you should remove the first (from the top) "Search..." so that the whitebox doesn't touch the button and move the widget in the place of the "donate" widget if you put the "Donate" button up top.

-When you go in the download section you'll be greeted with generic icons. Since the smaller ones in the drop down list already have it personalised so should the big ones too, especially since I'm seeing some nice icons used for search, installers, packages etc. That blue globe should be purged, never liked it to be honest. It's function shouldn't be useful any more since (I hope) you'll only keep updated files there anyway.
-Make the DOWNLOAD buttons more obvious. I get it that we have to skim over the ad, but make it more noticeable please. Daemon-tools does something similar (except much worse), I always have to hunt for the stupid download button(and it doesn't help that the ads always want me to download something) and I hate them for it. Even if the ads are served by Google I don't want to click on them. Call me paranoid.
-The HOT icon should go as well. Just clutters the place more and everything is hot in there anyway Wink

-Filter compatibility list by region.

-This one is completely personal, but the image viewer constantly resizing between screenshots annoys me greatly. Also please make is so that in order to move forward you just have to click on the right side of the image(and vice versa). Best invention ever imo. I kept saying on VNDB too that instead of hunting and dragging the mouse onto a tiny button or word it is far more convenient to just click on the image practically anywhere to navigate.
-When you click on "Demo" only a part of the blue strip is turned darker.

-Hold a competition and finalise the logo once and for all.

-Finally, you might want to reconsider the background too.

Overall I have to say the site came out great. Even if you ignore everything I said above, just do one please. Align the three boxes properly.
First, thanks for the feedback (although you are a bit OCD Tongue)

-The space between the 3 boxes under menu is not the same

I know, but it's a limitation. It's 3 boxes which have to cover 100% of space, thus each is set to 33,33% width. Using absolute pixels will not do since we want the width to adapt to the users resolution

-Bright-blue text on the grey background is kinda hard on the eyes. I'd suggest you use the dark blue that is on the menu buttons when they are NOT selected or use Bold text like you do in the "Links" box.

-Menu is cluttered. Why say the same thing differently twice? "Getting started/Start here!" or if you really want to keep the explanations of what the entries do, differentiate them more. i.e. make "Start here" smaller and/or italicised.

I'll look into it.

-Also "Home" Getting started" have icons, "Compatibility" doesn't.

Any icon suggestion?

-Does this mean the site stretches across an 1080p screen? Because if so then it's not working. Although I'm not a native speaker so I might be misunderstanding something here. Also I'm on the latest stable version of FF.

It should not stretch to cover ALL of it but it does adapt. If you remember the old site, in large resolutions you would get huge gaps left and right, while currently it mostly covers your screen.

-I'd also drop the "Donate" widget and instead put the button above the "Demo" menu entry at the right end of the blue strip

Can't add anything else (I should even reduce the top menu since in some cases it wraps even now). It does not fit the template and the menu will wrap in a second line, making it look horrible

-The "Search" widget says it thrice, imo you should remove the first (from the top) "Search..." so that the whitebox doesn't touch the button and move the widget in the place of the "donate" widget if you put the "Donate" button up top.

Agreed

-When you go in the download section you'll be greeted with generic icons. Since the smaller ones in the drop down list already have it personalised so should the big ones too, especially since I'm seeing some nice icons used for search, installers, packages etc. That blue globe should be purged, never liked it to be honest. It's function shouldn't be useful any more since (I hope) you'll only keep updated files there anyway.

Any proposals? I can't think of icons fit for download categories (using a windows icon for windows DLs, linux for linux etc would not look nice Tongue )

-The HOT icon should go as well. Just clutters the place more and everything is hot in there anyway

Agreed, I will either remove it or make it show for the most downloaded stuff

-Filter compatibility list by region.

In the to-do list Tongue

-This one is completely personal, but the image viewer constantly resizing between screenshots annoys me greatly. Also please make is so that in order to move forward you just have to click on the right side of the image(and vice versa). Best invention ever imo. I kept saying on VNDB too that instead of hunting and dragging the mouse onto a tiny button or word it is far more convenient to just click on the image practically anywhere to navigate.

I'm using a ready jquery library for that, so I can't really modify it. TBH I think it's fine and the resizing probably can't be helped since each shot is a different resolution. Still, I can try some other libraries but IIRC this one looked the best

-When you click on "Demo" only a part of the blue strip is turned darker.

Yes I'm aware of that, tried fixing it but never succeeded Wacko

-Hold a competition and finalise the logo once and for all.

Not sure a competition is needed, but any proposals anyone has are welcome. We do not have a designer on board after CKemu left and that's lots of years Tongue

-Finally, you might want to reconsider the background too.

As above Wink
Wow! Big improvement, cool interface Smile
Tested browsing with my Optimus 3D, very nice. Good work guys!
Visit My Blog: https://cyclonmaster.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
The Icons do not look bad. I guess its fine. Tongue2
[Image: iconjo.jpg]
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Hm not bad. But what about the archive section? Tongue And the plugins subfolder?
Excl The WebPage is not 100% Compatible with Internet Explorer 8Excl

See the Screenshot for a Preview :-
  • No CPANEL in the main page. [pcsx2.net] Its present in other pages.
  • The Compatibility Overview is not present, even the search and the Donate Button
  • The Edges of the Articles are not Rounded as in Google Chrome.
  • Tested with the Compatibility Mode in IE8, and the 2'nd problem was solved. But the 3'rd Problem still remains. why? Wacko

[Image: 54959935.jpg]
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
That's a limitation of IE8 and earlier (not rounded corners) since they do not support CSS3. I don't think square corners make the site 'not compatible' Tongue Cpanel probably uses CSS3 too, but I'm not sure. 2) should not happen 0_o
trivial problems from http://pcsx2.net/getting-started.html

Quote:CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 Ghz ir better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 Ghz or better
"ir" should be "or"

Quote:CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2ghz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 Ghz ir better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 Ghz or better
the comma in "2,8" and "3,2" can be a dot

there ought to be a space between "3.2" and "ghz"

"ghz" and "Ghz" better be GHz where G and H in upper-case and z in lower case, because GHz in use in Wikipedia e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Bridge_...processors
durable PC since 2008
CPU : E7200 @ 2.53 GHz 1.04 V / OC 3.7 GHz 1.36 V (390*9.5, 4GB DDR2 780)
GPU : 8600GT (GDDR3, 256 MB) / OC (750 / 900)
BOARD : GA-EP31-DS3L (rev 1.0) broken and bought a second hand one replaced
PSU : 300 W