PCSX2.net revamped!
@swyter: what exactly are you trying to achieve? is it really that hard to accept that many like the design (me e.g.)? your determination to keep this discussion alive with points that were already dealt with in this thread makes me really suspicious about your intentions being positive. and it gives me the impression that you might just want to provoke some "don't like it? don't use it!" or "know it better? do it yourself!" rebuttals from us. and i personally don't like to feed trolls...
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403

Sponsored links

@zero29, there's room for constructive criticism, and even for just plain criticism, and even if it's already been said before. The fact that many like the new site doesn't mean everyone likes it, and doesn't mean it can't be further improved. It's better if the criticism is not flaming, but regardless, as long as it's clear enough, it's welcome.
(07-07-2012, 07:46 AM)Bositman Wrote: http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html <--Welcome to the Compatibility list! This list will help you find out if your game is compatible with PCSX2 and to what extend.
On the left you will find the filter controls, along with the search box which will help you find your game faster. Below that you will find the compatibility key explaining what each status color exactly means. Enjoy

Took you 2 weeks to read the text? Seriously, not my mistake Tongue I can easily move them above the list, but it was our idea (and CKemu's, your design god Tongue) to be located on the sides.

Lol, was used to old site. Anywyas just put my $.02 in. Would love it if you could make the changes I mentioned,if not I understand. It's not my own site I can control (lol).
i agree with you, avih (well, except for the flaming critizism) and i didn't make a definitive statement about swyter, i only expressed my doubts about his intent to help this discussion. sorry, if that came across too harsh.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I too didn't like the new design (I.e. like how it took a couple of seconds for the latest boxes to size correctly, but just the general look).

That being said, it looks much better after I disabled the latest info from the cpanal, it may have been this that was giving me an unprofessional feeling, so you may want to rethink it's position or appearance (I can't think what though).

On a side note I prefer bmates mockup design to both the old and the current design.
In my opinion, most of the visitors usually ignore the boxes and just simply want to download PCSX2 and ran their games...

I may be wrong, so don't take it seriously...
^Good point actually. Now that you mention it, most sites of programs usually feature a big "download here" area/button. Just look at VLC or uTorrent.

The PCSX2 site has always been more like a blog.

edit: grammar
a big "Download now" button + short version info, or perhaps even two: one "Download latest stable" and "Download latest svn" button, that would be indeed a nice addition to the frontpage.
(07-09-2012, 01:08 AM)zero29 Wrote: a big "Download now" button + short version info, or perhaps even two: one "Download latest stable" and "Download latest svn" button, that would be indeed a nice addition to the frontpage.

we have Linux , MAC and windows pretty complicated to put a BIG download here button
let the website logic preselect the pcsx2 download matching the user's os. and if someone wants it for another os, then the download section is still where it was. question is if bositman or someone else finds the time to implement something like that. no idea really how hard it is to modify a cms in such a way.