PCSX2 newer versions have lower performace here
Therefore it is funny that version 1.1 (unstable) is faster than version 1.2.1 (stable)... I still think that this is some kind of configuration error. Or the system itself changed a lot. But maybe you can just try again with version 1.1 and tell us if you can reproduce the speed loss.

Sponsored links

(05-03-2014, 09:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: Therefore it is funny that version 1.1 (unstable) is faster than version 1.2.1 (stable)... I still think that this is some kind of configuration error. Or the system itself changed a lot. But maybe you can just try again with version 1.1 and tell us if you can reproduce the speed loss.

I Made a comparison with the two versions like you said,the performance less i got here with 1.2.1 is like 10-15 fps loss
(05-03-2014, 07:46 PM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: Damn,no one trust me,with PCSX2 1.1.0 i was forever running it at 6x native with 60fps all time with my custom emulation settings ,but i see with the newer version my emulation settings don't do nothing anymore.

It's not personal, but you were already at the verge of the abyss even when accomplished the feat. No wonder a small step could bring everything down.

Edit: I mean, was not doubting you could play at that high resolution mode, but almost certainly you had to make some compromises, besides it is by itself at the verge of impossible due the sheer amount of memory, let alone bandwidth.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-04-2014, 01:44 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: It's not personal, but you were already at the verge of the abyss even when accomplished the feat. No wonder a small step could bring everything down.

Edit: I mean, was not doubting you could play at that high resolution mode, but almost certainly you had to make some compromises, besides it is by itself at the verge of impossible due the sheer amount of memory, let alone bandwidth.

I Will probally get another video card soon,my GPU is having some bad time here,because it's damaged,i still have the warranty of it,because i paid U$ 269 (Because i'm in Brazil so that's the price converted to dolars) for my GPU,so the expectative is the vendor give me a better video card like GTX 750Ti,because he sell me a damaged GPU and the price is abusive if you consider GTX 750Ti is the same price here.

Anyway my font could be the problem too,but that doesn't matter.

I'm just suffering creating those threads in this forums,I'm giving my hope down i think
(05-04-2014, 02:58 AM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: I Will probally get another video card soon,my GPU is having some bad time here,because it's damaged,i still have the warranty of it,because i paid U$ 269 (Because i'm in Brazil so that's the price converted to dolars) for my GPU,so the expectative is the vendor give me a better video card like GTX 750Ti,because he sell me a damaged GPU and the price is abusive if you consider GTX 750Ti is the same price here.

Anyway my font could be the problem too,but that doesn't matter.

I'm just suffering creating those threads in this forums,I'm giving my hope down i think

If was the PSU the symptoms would be drastic. Yet seems there is kind of a point running at very high internal resolution, I fear you need a top of line GPU to it, kind of a 770 might not be enough, maybe, I can't really say.

Yet but other than being able to say you ran the game at 6x, that's something hardly noticed while playing the games. The games look good enough at 4x, even 3x is not that shabby.

Anyway, is not intention to dictate what you do, if you think it is that important to run at 6x, that's your call. Just be aware that the demand on the video card does not increase linearly, at 6x it is order of magnitude greater than at 4x, far beyond double.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-04-2014, 01:41 AM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: I Made a comparison with the two versions like you said,the performance less i got here with 1.2.1 is like 10-15 fps loss

That's an irrelevant comparison.
You state this as if there was only one 1.1 version. we all know it's not true.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-03-2014, 09:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: Therefore it is funny that version 1.1 (unstable) is faster than version 1.2.1 (stable)... I still think that this is some kind of configuration error. Or the system itself changed a lot. But maybe you can just try again with version 1.1 and tell us if you can reproduce the speed loss.

(05-04-2014, 01:41 AM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: I Made a comparison with the two versions like you said,the performance less i got here with 1.2.1 is like 10-15 fps loss

A more recent stable release could still implement improvements in emulation accuracy which would theoretically make it slower than previous stable releases. There's not really anything out of the ordinary about this.

You probably didn't replicate your previous settings well enough to get the desired performance, or it could be something else which is user-error. I use the latest stable release and I haven't really noticed any performance drops.
Reading and paying attention is not the strong suit for people around.

It already been mentioned in ths a couple of time the newer builds are more accurate then 1.1 and build are just gona get more accurate and require more power to do what older builds did it been also mentioned to make sure mtvu is on which also all leads back to make sure you have the same settings as before.

Like said attention skills are not strong suit of people around here.
I approve of this
i had better speeds with v1.1
version 1.2.x is a lot slower.

there are many games which i could run at maximum speeds with 3x scaling native settings
now even with the lowest settings there are some lags and FPS drops
I noticed in my git builds that the recent versions are a bit slower. But not a lot. I run the same test for every GIT build I post. In 1.2.1 I get 220 FPS and in my latest 1.3.0 I get 215 FPS.

The test is:
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
3x native
all other settings default
Measurement taken at the main screen after the intro plays.

This is with my hardware. But anyway as said it's to be expected. Accuracy is the main focus of the emulator. Speed is important too, but not at the expense of accuracy.

Playing at 6x is pointless unless you have a 4k monitor. SSAA doesn't affect textures any more than MSAA does.

Anyway, if you are having speed issues and the game works fine in an older version then use that. Just don't expect support unless you are using 1.2.1 or later.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD