PCSX2 newer versions have lower performace here
I Just open Kingdom Hearts II FM+ today in the newer version of PCSX2,i usually play it at 6x native,but with the latest SVN or with PCSX2 1.2.1 i got a bad time here,60 fps in 6x native decreased to 40fps.
With PCSX2 1.1.0 it was forever in 60fps and 6X Native.
Don't know if it's because i switch Windows 8.1 to Windows 7.

My Specs:
CPU: FX 8350 4.2 Ghz
GPU: GTX 650Ti 1GB
Ram: 8GB
System: Windows 7

Sponsored links

KH2 is pretty demanding at 6x native. It doesn't help that pcsx2 has gotten more accurate so it's requirements have increased
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Actually the latest is GIT, not SVN.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-03-2014, 06:23 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: KH2 is pretty demanding at 6x native. It doesn't help that pcsx2 has gotten more accurate so it's requirements have increased

I Will download PCSX2 1.1.0 again just to be able to keep playing this game at full speed,for other games i will still use 1.3.0.
There is no point of running at above 3x native. All you're getting is a tiny bit of SSAA
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I like SSA. MSAA doesn't do ***** for textures.

On the subject, however, I've also noticed an overall reduction in performance. I can't say anything about the Windows implementation, but for the Linux one, I'm getting reduced FPS in comparison to what I had been getting, over all. Luckily, for most game, it doesn't make much of a difference since my computer is fairly powerful, but for some its still noticable.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
(05-03-2014, 06:21 PM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: I Just open Kingdom Hearts II FM+ today in the newer version of PCSX2,i usually play it at 6x native,but with the latest SVN or with PCSX2 1.2.1 i got a bad time here,60 fps in 6x native decreased to 40fps.
With PCSX2 1.1.0 it was forever in 60fps and 6X Native.
Don't know if it's because i switch Windows 8.1 to Windows 7.

My Specs:
CPU: FX 8350 4.2 Ghz
GPU: GTX 650Ti 1GB
Ram: 8GB
System: Windows 7

Are you seriously trying to run at 6x with a 650ti 1GB?
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-03-2014, 07:32 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Are you seriously trying to run at 6x with a 650ti 1GB?

Damn,no one trust me,with PCSX2 1.1.0 i was forever running it at 6x native with 60fps all time with my custom emulation settings ,but i see with the newer version my emulation settings don't do nothing anymore.
make sure you have MTVU hack on also like it has been said emulator has become more accurate since 1.1.0 more accurate mean more power is need to keep same framerates, which means your pc is no longer powerful enough for 6x which is over kill and not need if dont want lower multiplier then use older builds builds peformance isnt gona get better its gona slowly need more power as emulator get more accurate.
(05-03-2014, 07:46 PM)Zangetsu276 Wrote: Damn,no one trust me,with PCSX2 1.1.0 i was forever running it at 6x native with 60fps all time with my custom emulation settings ,but i see with the newer version my emulation settings don't do nothing anymore.
I trust you since this is mere logic.
Many noobs think the newer version will be faster than the previous one. It happens, sometimes. But since this emu's main goal isnt speed but accuracy, latest versions render more things than the previous ones. Hence the need of a beefier machine.

One exception, though.
Stable releases greatly benefit from some kind of compilation optimizations that tend to make them faster than GIT releases.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go