PCSX2 no sound
yeah i tried MTVU it did increase the FPS by a little bit....but i was wondering why is PS2 so ahrd to emulate?

I doubt Mercs are so highly graphically advanced that my computer cannot run them at least on 60 FPS

Sponsored links

without taking in to account the emulation overhead of translating from PS2 to PC, you would need 3.8Ghz (the speed of the ps2's combined chips if they worked asynchronously as we can't do multiple things at the same time like the ps2 can), then add on the emulation overhead which is anywhere from 2-10 times. That is why it's slow. The only reason modern intel chips are pretty good with most games is because of how efficient they are. AMD's, not too bad at the high end but nowhere near as good for it as intel processors.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-21-2014, 12:15 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: was for trying up a little the FPS (frame per second) he said the game run @ 35 FPS isn't so good when PAL games run @ 50 and NTSC @ 60....

Sorry I overread that. I thought you wanted to solve the sound problems by this.
but i have 3.85 gHZ processor and when i play the game only 37% of the processor is being used....can I use at least 10% more processor or something?
Turn on the mtvu speedhack, that will use more
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-24-2014, 07:06 PM)RagnarokZ9 Wrote: but i have 3.85 gHZ processor
yes, but not a very good architecture. Clockrate isn't evrything.
Quote:and when i play the game only 37% of the processor is being used....can I use at least 10% more processor or something?
by using software mode and setting 3 extra sw rendering threads, this could help a bit. but that probably won't be neough for this game.

better play it on your PS2 for now if you ask me.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-23-2014, 09:28 PM)willkuer Wrote: Sorry I overread that. I thought you wanted to solve the sound problems by this.

Don't worry Wink