PCSX2 not loading
no it was likely that pcsx2 was doing something funky..

Here's what you need to do if it happens again:

open task manager (ctrl + alt + del)
go to processes
find PCSX2*.exe (it could have a revision number behind it sometimes, like pcsx2-5123.exe or something)
right-click and "END PROCESS TREE"
reopen pcsx2

Sponsored links

(06-26-2012, 10:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah probably gazillions of windows update which had to be applied Tongue

That I can attest to Tongue Windows has screamed into my ear for the past two days about updates. I thought that everything was fine and dandy because it wasn't popping up that message constantly that I needed to restart.

Quote:no it was likely that pcsx2 was doing something funky..

Here's what you need to do if it happens again:

open task manager (ctrl + alt + del)
go to processes
find PCSX2*.exe (it could have a revision number behind it sometimes, like pcsx2-5123.exe or something)
right-click and "END PROCESS TREE"
reopen pcsx2

I was doing that, as it was the only way to get rid of the process when I didn't see the gui, but no matter how many times I did it, it wouldn't change. It's possible that maybe something was holding onto a process that it needed. I know that my virus scanner had an unhappy hiccup where it didn't start when I first turned on the machine earlier, so maybe it was related to that. I had to start the service manually, even though it was 'automatic'.
I should probably make a new thread, as this is something separate, but for right now, I'll use this one.

PCSX2 is not reading any of the previous memcards I had made. It won't see any of the saves and all the memcards say no data when I check them in the bios. However, if I use mymc, it sees all my saves just fine (and these saves were done when I was playing PCSX2). As if to further confuse me, if I load up a game and make a save onto the same memory card, the bios of the program says 'okay it's there' and I see it, but mymc doesn't at all! It's as if they're not talking to each other at all. I can't even export those saves from a memory card and putting them on another, freshly formatted file.

What the pcsx2 sees, mymc doesn't and what mymc does, the pcsx2 doesn't. Does it matter that the files and the second memory card which I use for almost everything are colored in blue in windows where as memory card 1 isn't? I don't know the significance of the text being blue...
blue color files mean ntfs compressed, no color = normal, green = encrypted, though its something handled by the OS it shouldn't effect how pcsx2 operates.

as for the problem i have no idea, have you tried booting into the bios only with pcsx2 and look under the memcard do the files show up?
Oh, thanks for the information. I always wondered what blue meant.

As for the bios, yes. The bios says the saves on the memcard aren't there and mymc does on my memcards. If I play a game, any game, and save on the very same memcard I've got a save on that mymc sees, the bios of pcsx2 will see it, but mymc doesn't.

EDIT: Okay...seriously...I'm gonna cry I'm so confused!

I updated pcsx2 to an svn just to try out a new graphics plugin and now my saves work! Blink I am so beyond confused now. Why wouldn't the official release of PCSX2, which I used to make the saves to start with in Sept of last year, not see them, but the svn dated Jun 25 2012 will? I just don't get it. I can't even wonder if PCSX2 changed the way that it handles saves because if it did, then I would think going to the svn would cause them to glitch.

*sigh* So my advice to anyone who has that problem? Try an svn, I guess.
If you used the 0.9.8 installer, it probably uses the memcard files on your my documents folder instead of the folder pcsx2.exe is in. Just use the memory card manager and browse to the files you actually open with mymc.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Those were the ones I was working on was in my documents. In fact, I ended up changing the svn build's directory so it used those instead of the main directory (because I got lazy and didn't feel like moving the files)