PCSX2 not responding on boot (dev9?)
Oh geez, i did consider other dev9 plugins but getting hdd and ethernet stuff working has never been my goal, going this route adds instability, disables save states etc... I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Sponsored links

(02-24-2015, 06:07 PM)ssakash Wrote: Try running pcsx2 as administrator and check whether the problem persists.

Isn't WinPcap required for some DEV9 Plugins for online play, might it help, If he instals it ??

(02-24-2015, 10:16 PM)cikame Wrote: Oh geez, i did consider other dev9 plugins but getting hdd and ethernet stuff working has never been my goal, going this route adds instability, disables save states etc... I'd like to avoid it if possible.

I know, You wouldn't want...But atleast for checking purposes..You could give this a try...
| AMD FX 8800P (6TH GENERATION) | RADEON R7 | 15.6" (1920x1080) | 12GB DDR3 |512 GB SSD | B&O AUDIO |
[Image: 3qDRIkgl2iQh.png]
| INTEL CORE i7 4700 MQ (OC'ed to 3.6) | INTEL HD 4600 (OC'ed to 1350) | 15.6" (1366x768) | 6GB DDR3 | 750GB HDD | BEATS AUDIO |

http://fb.com/not.windows

If pcsx2 crashes on startup it is almost always a vc ++ redist issue.
If pcsx2 crashes on game boot it is almost always a direct x issue.

Make sure you updated directX. Maybe jesalvein can give you again the link. I have the feeling he has a hotkey for that.
[Edit>
Maybe its that one: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=34429
[/Edit>

If pcsx2 crashes on startup and you installed the directX version jesalvein provides wihout any error message probably your gpu driver is faulty.
It's always game boot the crash, i've played enough PC games on here already to have a variety of c++ redist's and DirectX installed, i'll try installing dx9.0c again.
Update: I can't install DX9 because i'm already up to date.
Can you open the gsdx plugin settings?
What happens if you choose OGL as renderer?
If that doesn't work can you please test ZeroGS as GS plugin?
Is there a facepalm emote? Because using OpenGL works, i didn't think to try it since the last time i used OpenGL for anything was 15 years ago, guh.
I'll use the emu with this renderer for now, is there any disadvantage to using it over dx?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys you're all brilliant.
(02-25-2015, 01:30 AM)cikame Wrote: Is there a facepalm emote? Because using OpenGL works, i didn't think to try it since the last time i used OpenGL for anything was 15 years ago, guh.
I'll use the emu with this renderer for now, is there any disadvantage to using it over dx?

Thanks for all the suggestions guys you're all brilliant.

We're all glad we could hep, Afterall..That, is what the forum is for, Is it not ??: Biggrin

(02-25-2015, 03:25 AM)MAHAD93 Wrote: We're all glad we could hep, Afterall..That, is what the forum is for, Is it not ??: Biggrin

On a 2nd note, Why not try using a different version of GSDX ??...
| AMD FX 8800P (6TH GENERATION) | RADEON R7 | 15.6" (1920x1080) | 12GB DDR3 |512 GB SSD | B&O AUDIO |
[Image: 3qDRIkgl2iQh.png]
| INTEL CORE i7 4700 MQ (OC'ed to 3.6) | INTEL HD 4600 (OC'ed to 1350) | 15.6" (1366x768) | 6GB DDR3 | 750GB HDD | BEATS AUDIO |

http://fb.com/not.windows

Get the latest gsdx version 0.1.6 from the gsdx thread at the plugin forums and check whether the crash at dx9/11 video backend persists or not.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The link for the latest revision isn't there, from what i can tell 0.1.6 came out in january 2008, are you sure that's the latest version? The version numbers are a bit random and don't have dates associated with them.
(02-24-2015, 11:25 PM)willkuer Wrote: If pcsx2 crashes on game boot it is almost always a direct x issue.

Something is broken with your directX. Either your OS or your gpu driver doesn't support it completely. If installing Dx9 doesn't solve your problem I would suggest to check the gpu drivers.

IIRC OGL is a bit slower than DX. I don't know how many additional glitches appear due to OGL but I guess it is neglectable. If OGL runs fine for you you can use it as well.