PCSX2 not using the full cpu load
Yo guys just got BF3 for my laptop and played it for bout 10 mins on ULTRA settings no AA i had 20 fps in big fields 30-40 in corridors and 60 fps in closeups Then i checked CPU temps and they were 85-95C and USAGE was 95-100% on BOTH cores whilst PCSX2 only loads both cores up to 70% explain PLOX.
EDIT: My GPU is NOT holding my load back. Just if your curious.
I5 430M HD5730M 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz.

Sponsored links

Quote:and USAGE was 95-100% on BOTH cores whilst PCSX2 only loads both cores up to 70% explain PLOX.

Edit: PCSX2 is not a PC game thus behaves differently that them. It will never cause 100% load but it IS using your CPU as much as it can, and it is not enough to get full speed it seems.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
You CPU is dual-core? PCSX2 is programmed to use 2 Cores.

If it does use 100% then the Windows would crash, because there would be no place left for it. Tongue2 Also, it might not need that much.

By the Way, you can use MTVU hack to get advantage of 3 cores.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
So why isnt windows crashing when BF3 loads it at 95%? :3
Your CPU has 2 cores and 4 threads, BF3 uses all 4 threads while PCSX2 will use 2, or 3 with the MTVU hack on. Windows will only show 100% usage when all 4 threads are loaded to 100%
Oh thanks for explaining that. How much performance do threads actually give?
Threads don't "give" performance, they are virtual cores. Applications can take advantage of more threads so depending on how well they are coded and how multi-thread aware they are, they can take advantage of them better. So it depends on the application but the speed increase is nothing tremendous since threads are not actual real cores.
Windows also has a portion of (Kernel) CPU usage that is left unreported by the standard task manager, this is why you can actually get drivers that cause a high cpu hit which isn't represented in task manager. had a Creative LiveDrive that fried and caused the sound driver to use like 80% of the cpu making everything very sluggish, while task manager showed 2% usage xD