PCSX2 on Macbook Pro 2011 with HD 3000
Hi,

First of all, be indulgent with my English as I am French Tongue2
As I wrote it in the title, I just bought a new Macbook Pro (early 2011), 13", iCore5, 2,3 GHz, 4Go DDR3, and an integrated GPU HD 3000. Mac OS X is Snow Leopard.
I am not a newbie with PCSX2 emulator as I emulated successfully my PS2 and my games on Linux and Windows before.
I followed the guidelines of Zedr0n's tutorial but I think I did something wrong. When I launch a game or just the bios (flashed from my PS2), a white window opens and crash. I tried to change all the options in the configuration board but I have always the same problem ...
Is anybody can help me ? I join the snapshots of the X11 terminal (in two parts), hoping it could facilitate the diagnosis of my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Kumaraji        

Sponsored links

(03-14-2011, 06:00 PM)Kumaraji Wrote: Hi,

First of all, be indulgent with my English as I am French Tongue2
As I wrote it in the title, I just bought a new Macbook Pro (early 2011), 13", iCore5, 2,3 GHz, 4Go DDR3, and an integrated GPU HD 3000. Mac OS X is Snow Leopard.
I am not a newbie with PCSX2 emulator as I emulated successfully my PS2 and my games on Linux and Windows before.
I followed the guidelines of Zedr0n's tutorial but I think I did something wrong. When I launch a game or just the bios (flashed from my PS2), a white window opens and crash. I tried to change all the options in the configuration board but I have always the same problem ...
Is anybody can help me ? I join the snapshots of the X11 terminal (in two parts), hoping it could facilitate the diagnosis of my problem.

Thanks in advance,
Kumaraji

To me it seems like there is something with the BIOS, but it may be something else.
Hmmm, did you download the snow leopard version of this emulator?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Thanks for your answer Kaze. Indeed it was a problem of Bios. I solved it.
But now I face some problems with the emulation. It is very laggy.
I need to find a good configuration for the graphic plugin. If anybody wants to share his own settings here, he is welcome Tongue2
++
Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Graphics plugin ZZOgl-pg 0.1.0 seems not to work properly with the HD 3000. Games are launching (I hear the music of the games) but the screen stays totally black even if the fps indicates 50.
(03-15-2011, 02:41 PM)Kumaraji Wrote: Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Graphics plugin ZZOgl-pg 0.1.0 seems not to work properly with the HD 3000. Games are launching (I hear the music of the games) but the screen stays totally black even if the fps indicates 50.

May I ask you to post what the bash says?, and once I get home I can post you my configs, they work great for many games, but it deepends on your computer too :-)
(03-15-2011, 06:17 PM)Kaze Wrote: May I ask you to post what the bash says?, and once I get home I can post you my configs, they work great for many games, but it deepends on your computer too :-)

The problem for me is that it is my first macbook pro and I don't know how to configure the settings ...
So, the problem was not the ZZOgl-pg 0.1.0 plugin (it works now ...), but my lack of experience on this computer. So I just changed some settings in the CPU sections and the game (KH) starts very well ^^
But when I reach the cinematic at the beginning (Sora falling ...), the colours are really awful, the sound is very bad and the cinematic is terribly laggy ...
So I think I really need help to configurate the following sections for a macbook pro last generation : "CPU" ; "Speed Hacks" ; "Advanced" and maybe also the sound plugin. So if someone (for example you, Kaze Tongue2) can post his own configs or snapshots of these settings, it would be great. And then I could adjust for my computer.
Thanks in advance,
(03-17-2011, 02:52 AM)Kumaraji Wrote: The problem for me is that it is my first macbook pro and I don't know how to configure the settings ...
So, the problem was not the ZZOgl-pg 0.1.0 plugin (it works now ...), but my lack of experience on this computer. So I just changed some settings in the CPU sections and the game (KH) starts very well ^^
But when I reach the cinematic at the beginning (Sora falling ...), the colours are really awful, the sound is very bad and the cinematic is terribly laggy ...
So I think I really need help to configurate the following sections for a macbook pro last generation : "CPU" ; "Speed Hacks" ; "Advanced" and maybe also the sound plugin. So if someone (for example you, Kaze Tongue2) can post his own configs or snapshots of these settings, it would be great. And then I could adjust for my computer.
Thanks in advance,

We have almost the same specs, but I do not guarantee that mine will work for you, but here they are :-)

NOTE: Most games run on about 40-60 FPS with these settings :-)
Thank you so much Kaze.
Will try to configure the emulator tonight when I will be back home.
++
(03-17-2011, 02:06 PM)Kumaraji Wrote: Thank you so much Kaze.
Will try to configure the emulator tonight when I will be back home.
++

I wish you luck then :-)
(03-17-2011, 02:17 PM)Kaze Wrote: I wish you luck then :-)

Hey kaze can i ask you if your settings work i i have a macbook pro with snow leopard? i want to play my kingdom hearts but it freezes when i try to play Sad