PCSX2 on Microsoft Surface? (windows 8)
it's a tablet. and for casual stuff. surfing, shopping, office, videos. it's not a hardcore gamer. Wink

Sponsored links

(10-25-2012, 11:24 AM)refraction Wrote: Ivybridge or not, you still need about 3ghz on that to hit decent speeds in pcsx2. I can guarentee it's not running at that in those tiny things. Not to mention the emulator might actually cause it to overheat!
Actually if you think of it, even with 3GHz and a good dedicated card, it wouldn't work because of overheating. Those devices are not built with having in mind that you would use applications that would raise the temperature so high so even if they promise a certain performance they won't ever reach it because of the fact they get easily overheated. Even if it wouldnt undeclock or undervolt when the temperature goes high it would mean a super short life for the device plus since the screen is sooo near to the motherboard it would mean that the screen would warp or get black when is hot and the colours would get washed out when it's back to normal, which means it would kill the display.
Pure conjecture at work here.
Maybe so, however the trend tends to be, the more portable the device, the worse it's going to perform on the emulator.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-24-2012, 11:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah it can run them, if you call a slideshow running Tongue

I heard people say they got good frames from skyrim on an HD4000 on low settings. It was playable at least. It can even run Metro2033 with above 30fps on lowest settings. So I would believe it can easily run sky rim at decent frames on medium even.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the-i...-review/10

Believe it or not its not bad for an integrated card.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(10-25-2012, 01:58 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: I heard people say they got good frames from skyrim on an HD4000 on low settings. It was playable at least. It can even run Metro2033 with above 30fps on lowest settings. So I would believe it can easily run sky rim at decent frames on medium even.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the-i...-review/10

Believe it or not its not bad for an integrated card.

and what do we know of compairing pc games to emulation....? HMMM

DONT COMPARE THEM ITS NOT THE SAME.
maybe simple games work. writing facts. the fastest ULV processor is that. i think they'd use that one or perhaps below. in that case of below emulating gets worse. the graphics card is a class 3 mobile. it's got shared ram. if you calculate the specs it ends up at ~16 GB/s memory bandwidth. this 1/3 of what the real console has at its peak performance in AAA games. considering that emulating the console needs alot more power now think there what it could emulate on that tablet without toasting it and buy a new one every half year. i said... maybe simple games.
(10-25-2012, 02:17 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: and what do we know of compairing pc games to emulation....? HMMM

DONT COMPARE THEM ITS NOT THE SAME.

You're right, PC games are usually more bottlenecked by GPU than PCSX2 by default. So if it can run all those modern game decently, it can run PCSX2 at least at native or even 2x no problem.
At 43watts of power, i wouldnt bet put your hopes up ;p Either that or desktop Pc's are severe power wasters!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-25-2012, 02:39 PM)naoan Wrote: You're right, PC games are usually more bottlenecked by GPU than PCSX2 by default. So if it can run all those modern game decently, it can run PCSX2 at least at native or even 2x no problem.

play dragonquest 8 or shadow of the collosus on that hd4000 then we'l talk again.