PCSX2 on Vita?
Has the development team ever considered porting PCSX2 to the Vita? The Vita is more than capable for PS2 Emulation.I was conisdering on doing this myself, so what are your guys' thoughts?

Sponsored links

go ahead, and give a try Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ofc you wanna do that. you just gotta get an official sony deal for a developer account and access rights to the sdk and all that developer tools and stuff. and ofc it can emulate a ps2 if you program it. the question tho is... how fast it'll do it!?! Wink
(01-20-2017, 01:39 PM)dabore Wrote: ofc you wanna do that. you just gotta get an official sony deal for a developer account and access rights to the sdk and all that developer tools and stuff. and ofc it can emulate a ps2 if you program it. the question tho is... how fast it'll do it!?! Wink

Here's an interesting video I saw on the Vita? This my go to for a capability reference since there's no such thing as geekbench benchmark on Vita yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGVtliJGRkA
(01-20-2017, 01:06 PM)JoeRaptor Wrote: Has the development team ever considered porting PCSX2 to the Vita? The Vita is more than capable for PS2 Emulation.I was conisdering on doing this myself, so what are your guys' thoughts?

Sorry, but it isn't. The vita has a 444 MHz CPU (yes, really. the 2GHz thing was marketing). 

You can see how it works for yourself by watching the jak and daxter collection for vita. It's at least partially emulated and runs at half speed with frameskipping.
#StopRNG
And it only gets 444 half the time if you manual overclock the thing. I do enjoy the games for vita that are native to the vita. but the collections or ports are terrible at running.. Look at Binding of isaac rebirth. It is a simple game and the vita couldn't get the game without taking out special effects. and even then it crashes if you get too many items. So unfortunately. the vita will never get a ps2 emulator. ps1 emulation barely runs on it right now.
[Image: xckarn-5.png]
(01-21-2017, 12:40 PM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: And it only gets 444 half the time if you manual overclock the thing. I do enjoy the games for vita that are native to the vita. but the collections or ports are terrible at running.. Look at Binding of isaac rebirth. It is a simple game and the vita couldn't get the game without taking out special effects. and even then it crashes if you get too many items. So unfortunately. the vita will never get a ps2 emulator. ps1 emulation barely runs on it right now.

Happily i'll be changing never to ever. Hardware can't stop me. Anyone heard of Dreamcast running on the PSP? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUS7UI5OGU

IF that can happen in 2009, than I have no doubt PCSX2 can definitely happen for the Vita.

You're probably think that statement is absurd, but look upon logic. If I told you dreamcast would run on PSP without evidence, would you honestly believe me?

Apply that with PS2 running on Vita.

I'll have to prove that to you guys now.
if you can do it, then, we're all ears.
Keep up the good job Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
well. how many gflops does the vita have? the gpu is rated at raw 51.2 gflops. enough shading performance. but it's sure not user programmable to emulate the vu the way it does it's job. now... the cpu got 64-bit simd and shares the registers with the vfp. if you think this can manage 2 32-bit mults and 2 32-bit adds simultaneously per cycle on 4 cores that run at default 333 mhz you get a theoretical peak of 5.3 gflops. if my math didn't fail. even if you manage to recompile all the simd code in int and bit math that theoeretically shouldn't be enough to emulate the fpu and both the vus (altogether 6.2 gflops) at 100%.

so... what?!? Smile
(01-21-2017, 09:43 PM)JoeRaptor Wrote: Happily i'll be changing never to ever. Hardware can't stop me. Anyone heard of Dreamcast running on the PSP? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUS7UI5OGU

IF that can happen in 2009, than I have no doubt PCSX2 can definitely happen for the Vita.

You're probably think that statement is absurd, but look upon logic. If I told you dreamcast would run on PSP without evidence, would you honestly believe me?

Apply that with PS2 running on Vita.

I'll have to prove that to you guys now.

15% speed. nice
#StopRNG