PCSX2 on Windows 7 64-bit
Hey folks,

I have a brand new computer and I'm trying to get it to run my PS2 games. However, I have several errors.

After the message saying I need to configure, the Ps2 output screen displays in red:

"Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll SysLibError Message<NULL>

After configuration, the emulator appears. When I click File -> Run CD/DVD, I get three error messages:

"Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd001.ps2"
"Failed loading MemoryCard from file: memcards\Mcd002.ps2"
"Please update DirectX! Would you like to open the download page in your browser? Yes/No"

And then it says something about not being able to open the GS plugin. Upon restart of PCSX2, I have to reconfigure everything with the same results (despite different settings)

The memory card files are both in the memcards file, where they should be.

I have DirectX 11, and I believe this is causing the problems with DirectX. However, I cannot install DirectX 9 due to "Cryptographic Services" being turned off, and a messed-up cabinet file. I've googled this error and found no help.

How can I get PCSX2 to run on my computer? Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB RAM
HD: 320 GB @ 7200 RPM
DirectX: DirectX11

Thanks for the help. Smile

Sponsored links

Your problems should be fixed with an update to the latest DirectX and running PCSX2 as admin.

First of all, right click PCSX2 icon > Run as admin. This should solve the memory card problem.

If you can't update DirectX using the web installer, try downloading the August 2009 Redist.
To start Cryptographic Services, Start > Run > type 'services.msc' and click OK > find Cryptographic Services in the list of services and start it. Also you can right click the service > Properties and set it it to Manual or Automatic if it's Disabled.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Quote:Your problems should be fixed with an update to the latest DirectX and running PCSX2 as admin.

First of all, right click PCSX2 icon > Run as admin. This should solve the memory card problem.

That worked!

Quote: If you can't update DirectX using the web installer, try downloading the August 2009 Redist.
To start Cryptographic Services, Start > Run > type 'services.msc' and click OK > find Cryptographic Services in the list of services and start it. Also you can right click the service > Properties and set it it to Manual or Automatic if it's Disabled.

Cryptographic Services was already set to Automatic. AVG says the corrupted cabinet file is in Windows.old, so I should be able to fix that pretty easily (since I can just remove Windows.old Tongue)

At any rate, the August 2009 Redist worked. I wasn't aware that DirectX 9 and 11 could be installed on the same computer, haha, but dxdiag says it's okay.

Thanks so much for the help! I appreciate it. I'll test a few games now. Biggrin
BiggrinI have a problem running on Windows7 64bit ,
first : i dont know if there was a windows7 64bit version .
Second: when i try to choose a graphic plugin , it says that I need to update my directx (I have the latest version) .. when I try to use the NULL graphic plugin it crashes ..
Third: When I try to choose the sse3 or sse4 version It says that It doesnt support my computer..( I have sse , sse2 , sse3 , sse4 )..

Sorry for bad english Laugh

Please Reply T_T , I really want to play PS2 on my laptop ,
Anyway my laptop is HP Pavillion G4 series .
First please check the date of the thread you are replying to, this is 2 years old.
Second, no you do NOT have the latest directX. Yes Win7 has DX11 but that doesn't mean there aren't updates for DX9 and DX10. So just go to the link the plugin gives you and update your directX.
What do you mean Windows 7 64bit version? There is one version of PCSX2 and works on all Windows (32 bit and 64bit)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
and what CPU do you have? Intel core i or AMD?
If you have AMD, you can only use SSE2.

(AMD phenom has SSE4a, so I dunno if the SSE4 version of GSdx will work)

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

it won't, different instruction set.
Sorry to resurrect this, but:

(11-12-2009, 11:23 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Your problems should be fixed with an update to the latest DirectX and running PCSX2 as admin.

I can't run this computer as admin.

(10-04-2011, 02:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: First please check the date of the thread you are replying to, this is 2 years old.

In before, sorry but this is the thread I found on google, it's just too convenient than to bring this entire context up again, since the replies that are already here didn't solve it for me.

(10-04-2011, 02:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Second, no you do NOT have the latest directX. Yes Win7 has DX11 but that doesn't mean there aren't updates for DX9 and DX10. So just go to the link the plugin gives you and update your directX.
What do you mean Windows 7 64bit version? There is one version of PCSX2 and works on all Windows (32 bit and 64bit)

Quite possibly... DirectX here is 11.

[Image: pic.png]

Then "The plugin reports that your hardware or software/drivers are not supported. ...gsdx32-ss2.dll" and takes me here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109 but I can't install this as I'm not this PC's admin.

Is there nothing I can do while not admin? Maybe another plugin?

Thanks for the attention and even more for an eventual help!
This is as far as I get (log when I boot a game and nothing happens):

"HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
GSnull:GSnull plugin version 0,1
GSnull:GS init.
GSnull:Initializing GSnull.
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
GSnull:GS open.
Opening PAD
GSnullOhmypening GSnull.
GSnullWackoetting the crc to '0' with 0x0 for options.
Opening SPU2"
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.