PCSX2 on Wine tips for High Sierra
I am working on a new guide for High Sierra, but I have some tips for you, which work on the latest PCSX2 builds:

Use native quartz windowing system instead of X11/XQuartz
Use native D3DCompiler_43 and D3DCompiler_47, otherwise you will get shader compilation errors
Use VSync, since the graphics stack in macOS has frame pacing issues which cause inconsistent framerate without VSync
Use the GSDX variant which is compatible with your system (if one shows "configuration error" or similar, try a different GSDX variant)

That's all the tips I have for you today!

I got MSVC compilers working on my system with Wine (works great for stuff that doesn't compile in GCC such as the Ao no Kiseki hook or ITHVNR), so hopefully, I can get PCSX2 compiled with my new setup.

Sponsored links

(12-21-2017, 03:19 PM)uyjulian Wrote: I am working on a new guide for High Sierra, but I have some tips for you, which work on the latest PCSX2 builds:

Use native quartz windowing system instead of X11/XQuartz
Use native D3DCompiler_43 and D3DCompiler_47, otherwise you will get shader compilation errors
Use VSync, since the graphics stack in macOS has frame pacing issues which cause inconsistent framerate without VSync
Use the GSDX variant which is compatible with your system (if one shows "configuration error" or similar, try a different GSDX variant)

That's all the tips I have for you today!

I got MSVC compilers working on my system with Wine (works great for stuff that doesn't compile in GCC such as the Ao no Kiseki hook or ITHVNR), so hopefully, I can get PCSX2 compiled with my new setup.

Please keep us updated with your progress Smile  

Wine 3.0 is in RC at the moment and adds DX11 support for AMD and Intel iGPU chipsets. I'm hoping we'll be able to get DX11 up and running then. (I have an iGPU, unfortunately).  

Regarding shader compilation, every Wine engine after 1.9.11  crashes with a "err:d3dcompiler:compile_shader HLSL shader parsing failed." message. Installing D3DCompiler_43 doesn't seem to help, and D3DCompiler_47 is not available in Winetricks.... Do you know of any way to manually install? (as opposed to compiling yourself).

Regarding vsync, there is an option for standard or adaptive sync in the GS Window options pane on PCSX2. Is this what you are referring to? Which would be preferable?
(12-25-2017, 06:22 AM)MacUser Wrote: Regarding shader compilation, every Wine engine after 1.9.11  crashes with a "err:d3dcompiler:compile_shader HLSL shader parsing failed." message. Installing D3DCompiler_43 doesn't seem to help, and D3DCompiler_47 is not available in Winetricks.... Do you know of any way to manually install? (as opposed to compiling yourself).

Just find the dlls (google) and drop them in the same directory as pcsx2.

(12-25-2017, 06:22 AM)MacUser Wrote: Regarding vsync, there is an option for standard or adaptive sync in the GS Window options pane on PCSX2. Is this what you are referring to? Which would be preferable?

Use standard sync.
Wow, thanks for your help with this. I copied in d3dcompiler_43 and d3dcompiler_47 into the latest PCSX2 build (1.5.0-2319) and it worked! (Both of them were required, or it would crash). 

I have an updated version of PCSX2 running for the first time in years.

==Edit==
Looks like I spoke too soon. While my test game FFX worked, a lot of others caused Wine to crash.