PCSX2 partners with AVG
As long as I can opt out of that avg software I all for this

Sponsored links

You can easily opt out yes, we wouldnt force this kind of stuff on anybody
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

As long as it is opnional I think is good news, you really deserve some money for your work and I really can't donate anything. As you said progress has been really slow lately so I hope this gives the team a nice incentive.
CPU: I7 12700K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660ti (6GB)
RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz
(12-26-2013, 04:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: ...
That said, we are already gearing up for a 1.2.0 release, so we will keep you posted when that happens! Smile

1.2.0 official release? Not 1.1.0 official release? Skip '1' number. Unsure
Visit My Blog: https://cyclonmaster.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
*sigh* For the billionth time: http://pcsx2.net/developer-blog/207-new-...ttern.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-31-2013, 11:41 AM)refraction Wrote: You can easily opt out yes, we wouldnt force this kind of stuff on anybody

Then I have no problem with this then.

Personal dont like AVG Cause I just had my laptop of mine that uses AVAST get AVG stuff put on from other installers, that kept trigger avast to seeing AVG stuff as virus every time I started FireFox cause it got tied into Firefox and removing that AVG stuff wasnt enough I had completely uninstall Firefox, remove all traces of Firefox on that laptop, It was good thing. I had Firefox sync setup for just bookmarks and passwords.

I not saying the avg software was virus or malware full, but avast didnt like it, And I moved away from AVG software almost 5+ years ago due to be bloated and resource hog.
Firstly, congratulations for PCSX2 Development Team for this achievement!

I was just wondering how you're going to this apply this partnership in Linux, as Linux users don't use PCSX2 installer, instead use packages made by its packagers/maintainers.
Linux users will not be affected by this at all Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks for the support Smile
Linux (as Destkop OS) doesn't have the requires market share to participate in this.
As noted on the first post, only the official windows full installer has the AVG toolbar (and it's not mandatory to install it). All other downloads (web installer, portable, SVN, linux, etc) don't include the toolbar.