PCSX2 partners with AVG
Already donated a couple of times in the past, more than the money I'd spend on a single PC game, but I'm happy for the PCSX2 team to do this if it helps keep their project going and gives them extra funding. Anything to keep PCSX2 going! Lets get rid of all those games still giving 'Nothing', and aim for like 95% games playable!

3 more years of computer hardware speed improvements and maybe some more wizardry in the code, and this emulator could one day be perfected enough to run nearly every game without issues at original frame rates on anyone's standard gaming PC. And that would be truly an amazing feat considering you're doing this all without any manual from Sony on how the PS2 works... maybe ask WikiLeaks or Anonymous if they can leak you some top secret documents eh? Tongue
A nerd, gamer (PC/PS/Emulators), hobby programmer (Java) learning OpenGL programming (4.2+), and professional 3D artist (Blender). Here to share experiences using PCSX2, report issues, thank the developers for their awesome work and contribute to any technical discussions I have input for.

Sponsored links

Wonderful news! It seems like a win-win for everyone. You guys get a bit more income for your amazing efforts and users can decide if they want the bundled software or not with minimal hassle. Keep up the great work, and very much looking forward to 1.2.0! Smile
"For every age there is a time of trial. The rocks faced such a fire before they were the strength beneath our feet. The plants braved vast winds before their roots could give us life."
Just a warning, Waterfox, a 64bit optimised build of firefox, included the AVG bar a while a go. They recived a far bit of backlash form that decision, with some users reporting that it had installed without their consent.

hopefully you won't have these issues, but you may want to be careful.
I was kind of expecting quite a bit of backlash to be honest, but most users have been pretty cool about it which is great. Shows we have a good community.

I'm not sure how Waterfox has put the bar in to their installer, but to alienate our users as little as possible we made it as obvious as we could that the toolbar could be disabled. The instructions we were given were much stricter but I "stuck it to the man" for lack of a better phrase Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

A big part of the reason is because you guys(devs)are visible in the community. So you aren't some magical being that we never see or talk to, you are people just like us. I think that makes people appreciate your work more, and respect the fact that you'd like to get something out of it to help keep the project rolling.

And the other thing is, most of our regular members are reasonably tech savvy. So we will have no problem making the choice when the time comes. What worries me is some of the more lay users, who probably will "fall for it." They should know better, but I worry that they will come on here with flamethrowers out.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
If they get out the flamethrowers out we are more than happy to talk them through removing it, this is part of our deal Smile The last think we want to do is make people fall for it then say "tough, you shoulda paid more attention", this is totally not what we're about.

(01-13-2014, 02:06 AM)refraction Wrote: If they get out the flamethrowers out we are more than happy to talk them through removing it, this is part of our deal Smile The last think we want to do is make people fall for it then say "tough, you shoulda paid more attention", this is totally not what we're about.

I agree, although it could work both ways.

1. They accidentally install something they didn't want
2. They come here and complain, expecting us to say "Bite me" or whatever
3. Instead, we talk them through removing it
4. Their opinion of us goes up, and they learn to read those installation boxes more closely.

Totally a win win.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
And what's the other way? Tongue

In all seriousness though, we will be happy to help them, if they don't want our help and just want to complain, there's not a lot we can do to prevent that. Even if we help them and they still complain, which some people will be like I imagine. But we do what we can to keep the peace!

Now I see... I was recruited in preparation for the oncoming *****! Tongue

LOL

By both ways I meant that we will be nice and help them get rid of it, but they also learn to pay more attention so it doesn't happen again.
(01-13-2014, 02:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Now I see... I was recruited in preparation for the oncoming *****! Tongue

LOL
Psyke! Too late now! CYA! Tongue

(01-13-2014, 02:16 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: By both ways I meant that we will be nice and help them get rid of it, but they also learn to pay more attention so it doesn't happen again.

ahh i see what you mean now, definitely Smile